5VZ-FE 3.4 - Anyone have experience with "JDM" engines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
I threw a rod in my 4runner this morning.

I'm trying to figure out my options. Cheapest option, but biggest pain in MY ass is to buy a used motor and install it over a weekend. See places on craigslist and ebay advertising low mileage "JDM" engines.
TOYOTA 1996 2002 TACOMA TUNDRA T100 4 RUNNER 3.4L V6 5VZFE ENGINE JDM 5VZ
96 02 TOYOTA TACOMA 4RUNNER T100 TUNDRA 3.4L V6 ENGINE JDM 5VZ-FE 5VZFE 5VZ
TOYOTA 4RUNNER T100 TACOMA TUNDRA V6 3.4L 4-CAM 24-VALVE ENGINE JDM 5VZ-FE 5VZ
96 02 TOYOTA TACOMA 4RUNNER T100 TUNDRA 3.4L V6 ENGINE JDM 5VZ MOTOR

Does anyone have any experiences with used "JDM" or other engines? Any trusted sources I should be looking at?

Many thanks ahead of time.

JDM motors will be configured for Right hand drive so you may have some additional work. The power steering pump is a common problem with converting right hand drive to left hand. I don't know about these motors specifically but it can be something to look out for. Sometimes different bell housings are used in foreign. All of these problems are manageable. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing. If you do go with a JDM 5vz I'd love to know how it turns out.

i have not bought a JDM 3.4l just yet but i have tried a 3.0L which is identical when it comes to the block and heads certain things are different like where the oil cooler and and other brackets. All you have to do is transfer everything from your engine to the JDM engine including all sensors,sensors from the JDM may not work properly or different from what you have. Just my 2 pennies.

we install jdm 3.4s . alot . block and heads are the same , just use all your old parts , aka , oil pan-w strainer ,h20 pump , relocate the oil filter on the jdm from the rear of the block to the front and install your oil cooler (if needed ) to the rear port , use your injectors and intake manafold . and your exhaust manafolds . we get most jdms out of las vegas for around 850$

fj55-100,

where do you get them at in Las Vegas? I am in the market for a new engine soon and would like to inspect one physically rather than buy it online. I live in Las Vegas, so that would be great!

Thank you and hope to hear back from you

we install jdm 3.4s . alot . block and heads are the same , just use all your old parts , aka , oil pan-w strainer ,h20 pump , relocate the oil filter on the jdm from the rear of the block to the front and install your oil cooler (if needed ) to the rear port , use your injectors and intake manafold . and your exhaust manafolds . we get most jdms out of las vegas for around 850$

fj55-100,

where do you get them at in Las Vegas? I am in the market for a new engine soon and would like to inspect one physically rather than buy it online. I live in Las Vegas, so that would be great!

Thank you and hope to hear back from you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom