5ths Annual Christmas Tree Run Friday Nov 25th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are heading out on November 25th to find the perfect Christmas tree… and you’re invited.

This usually turns into a light snow run, hot chocolate and sledding for the kids, and last year we had a TON of unexpected excitement when we roused a sleeping mama bear and cub.

We’ll pick a spot close to Bozeman, maybe Hyalite canyon this year and chop down a tree. Get your tree permit at the Forrest service station, ACE hardware or online.

We’ll roll out around 9am from Costco

Pack a lunch/snacks and dress warm… might want to bring your bear spray!

Who’s in!?

We are heading out on November 25th to find the perfect Christmas tree… and you’re invited.

This usually turns into a light snow run, hot chocolate and sledding for the kids, and last year we had a TON of unexpected excitement when we roused a sleeping mama bear and cub.

We’ll pick a spot close to Bozeman, maybe Hyalite canyon this year and chop down a tree. Get your tree permit at the Forrest service station, ACE hardware or online.

We’ll roll out around 9am from Costco

Pack a lunch/snacks and dress warm… might want to bring your bear spray!

Who’s in!?
Planning on it. However word on the street is bear spray is best used on bears.

I’m going for Bigfoot this year. He’s on the roof next to the tree.

She's a beaut Clark

tree-cutting-cutting-tree.gif

I’m open. I thinking Flathead pass but the snow could be deeper than normal. I was at revenue flats yesterday and got stuck EARLY… there was a 4” crust layer of snow with powder underneath. After an hour of digging I moved 6’ backwards. Another rig came by and had me out with 2 pulls.

I like Flathead as there’s plenty of trees and the road is used for hunters and is usually packed down.

I’m open to other places! Got a suggestion?

havent been up little bear lately. but the roads are wide and the gate wont close till 12/31. it gets alot of traffic but im sure a few rigs could push through far enough to reach the public land and find trees. just a thought, but it also was pretty bad last time i was up there like a month ago by now. nothing for the 3x LX though

We dug the sleds out of the crawl space. I found the saucer. Unfortunately ours is not metal, but we can still try to compete with Clark Griswald.

Purchase your tree Permit HERE

We are going to run up the east side of Flathead pass same as last year.

9am at Costco by the gas pumps.

I guess nobody went as there are no pics????

We made memories, but I didn't take any pics this year. Lots more snow than last year and the warmer weather made the snow soft and we didn't make it super far up the road to Ferry lake this year. Everyone got a tree and no bears were woken up!

It was a good time. The temp in the hills was surprisingly warm. No bears, no Bigfoot, and just good times to be honest.

I went up the road maybe another three miles with my friend's son who came down to explore. We tried for the lake, but I sunk in a drift to the skid-plate and pumpkin. We dug down into the drift to see how deep it really was and we were pretty deep without hitting dirt. So, we got unstuck, turned around, and headed home.

I inserted a video link of the trip. I tried not to be my normal OCD self with the camera so there is very limited footage. My wife took some pics. I should have taken video of the sunken truck, but we didn't. It took a good 10 minutes to get unstuck. The irony is that my wife was messing with the GoPro, thought it was off, but turns out it recorded the floor mat which gave us audio inside the Runner. So, I clipped the audio down and put a slide show to go with the audio.

So, this is my summary of the trip from my family's view. Next year I think we will be more deliberate in getting footage.

Last edited:
Awesome video Paul!
Thanks man! Good selection on a place! It would be cool to head back up there next year and see if a crew wants to snow-wheel to the lake. My goal was to have hot chocolate there, but it did not work out.

Overall it was fun to hang out. Bryan and I will form a support group for other runner fans in the 406 Cruisers. :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom