5th Gen rear Flip up Gullwing windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I manufacture Gullwing windows for 80 series and recently I have had a lot of interest for the 5th Gen 4Runners. Just putting it out there to get some feedback and interest from you guys.

20170107_122254-1.jpg
20171112_113426.jpg

I like the idea. There's a few things I think that are working against the gull wing window though. The first is that the window is really small. On the outside the glass is pretty big, but on the inside the window hole is maybe half the size of the 80 window. The other problem is just that the rear window already rolls down. So it's pretty easy to get to the back already. It would be hard for me to justify doing it instead of just rolling down the rear window. The gull wing window would be a lot handier on the GX where it's kind of a PITA to get in the back if you have a rear bumper/tire carrier and can't open the glass in the door.

2015-toyota-4runner-trd-pro-series.jpg

Fair points. I always like the side window access to the fridge on the 80 (either the slider window or the gullwing option. It's an easy way to get in there and grab a drink without opening up the back. The power window on the Runners does make this less important.

. The gull wing window would be a lot handier on the GX where it's kind of a PITA to get in the back if you have a rear bumper/tire carrier and can't open the glass in the door.
Yup!

How about for the GX470? Lots of Prado 120 guys want this.

Definitely like this idea for our GX470.

Def interested for a 5th gen

Nice to see you again LandCruiserPhil!
I sold my 100 series Landcrusier last year and now own a 2013 GX460, I never go to the 100 series blog any more.
I may be interested in some for my GX460. You can see my rig all puffed out here: 150-Series Toyotas

I have the LCP Gullwings on both sides of my 80 series. I thought they would be a convenience for 50% of the time, but I use them 90% of the time that I need to get something out of the back. my wife has the GX470 and IF she had swing outs, I would absolutely want a set for the GX470.

I find that when your rig has a swingout, or 2 in my 80s case, these are as close to necessary as you can get, without being necessary. one of the best upgrades I made.

No affiliation with @LandCruiserPhil , just a very satisfied customer!! If anyone in Fort Worth TX wanted to check a set out up close hit me up, always down to meet for a beer.

I am interested for the 5th Gen, but I must say that the others make a good point about the rear window already rolling down and the fact that the window openings themselves are really small. That said, I am still intrigued and interested should you decide to move forward with this offering.

Unfortunately, a couple of months ago I installed the Victory 4x4 MOLLE rear quarter window plates. Any access to the rear is now negated having my windows covered with steel MOLLE plates. But... I do really love those plates! Opened up a ton of space on my rear deck.

I manufacture Gullwing windows for 80 series and recently I have had a lot of interest for the 5th Gen 4Runners. Just putting it out there to get some feedback and interest from you guys.

View attachment 1962369View attachment 1962371
I love the idea and the purpose will be accessing things from the outside like first aid kit
Or some of the electric system etc
Im very interested

They really don't make sense on a 460 since the rear glass flips up and the rear Windows are too far forward to reach the cargo area.

Also, with suspension lift and larger tires, one would need a step stool or ladder to access anything from there since rock sliders don't go that far back.

Also, with suspension lift and larger tires, one would need a step stool or ladder to access anything from there since rock sliders don't go that far back.

Really, how big of a man are you?

Big enough... ;)
Seriously, I'm 6'-0" 220 lbs and to reach into and down towards the floor to get some widget, I'm not sure I'd be able to reach.
And as I mentioned before, as cool as those flip up rear quarter windows are, I already have the MOLLE racks in each rear quarter panel mounted so even if I did have them I'd be blocked from access.

As mentioned, love the concept and am sure you'll be able to move a lot of them! There is definitely a need for them for people that layout their rigs that way.
Wish you the best on sales Phil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom