5lb or 10lb propane tank ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

have your tried the new composite tanks.. I got two 10lbs some uhaul carry them.. I got mine online...

Lite Cylinder

I like the looks of those, there's even a dealer in Vancouver, pricey though.

CT had 10 lb'ers for $49 i think when i was looking last summer. alot more than they were selling the standard 20lb tanks. maybe they stopped buying them for this year. if anyone finds a good source at a reasonable price...im interested as well.

129.00 dollars for one of those composite tanks 10 or 20 pound at steveston marine on sale right now. They also have aluminum ones, but the beauty of the composite is you can actually see how much gas you have left accuratly just by looking.

make sure you check out the situation with re-certifying a composite tank before you plunk down. I could be off side, but seem to recall that it was a bit more involved than a standard cylinder?

129.00 dollars for one of those composite tanks 10 or 20 pound at steveston marine on sale right now. They also have aluminum ones, but the beauty of the composite is you can actually see how much gas you have left accuratly just by looking.

I just use the bathroom scale or shake method. At $129 for accuracy, who needs accuracy? :meh:

make sure you check out the situation with re-certifying a composite tank before you plunk down. I could be off side, but seem to recall that it was a bit more involved than a standard cylinder?

I think they are only certifiable for 5 years, versus 10 years for steel. So they are very expensive per year. If you got a 74/73 get a 5 lb. The one I have lasts 2 weeks of fuel.

Hey Brent, send me a PM with your email address, I have a couple of pictures that Maya took to send you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom