5L swap into LN130 surf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Fresh to diesels. I purchased my 2L-TE LN130 in October.

Since then she has had a free flow exhaust and wound up the boost to 10psi to give her a bit more oomph. Sadly she was on her dying legs when I got her. So I sourced a 5L long block and did a lot of work. New pistons, valves, can, head, bearings, etc.

My plan is to run the CT20 from the 2L. I know that this is a common conversion but I have a few questions as I have read a few conflicting things in different forums.

1) can I run the factory 2lte flywheel and clutch to suit my r151f

2) I’m going to be running a mechanical fuel pump. I know I need a boost compensation valve. (Will use my 2L one) however I’m wanting some help with wiring. Glow plugs, fuel cut solenoid etc. wondering if I get rid of the entire efi worong and start fresh or do I cut out what’s needed etc.

3) how does the wiring work. Going from EFI to manual. I drowned the truck once and fried the ecu so not wanting it to happen again hence going manual.

If anyone can help It would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
3) how does the wiring work.

Well usually all you need is a wire to a fuel cut solenoid to make them run and stop. Sometimes automatics are connected to the computer but if you have a manual trans, there is nothing to worry about.
It really depends on what your computer does, the more modern a vehicle is , the more things like tacho, idiot lights etc are likely to need it.

1) can I run the factory 2lte flywheel and clutch to suit my r151f
They have different part numbers but may still bolt up There might be a different bell housing with a different starter motor position. Sometimes slave cyls are on opposite sides or have different lengths etc.
What year and model is the 5L coming from

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom