55 with 60 axles ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine,

Been great with the fj60's.
great pic.jpg

me too.
woods.jpg
trailer.jpg
snowbank.jpg

Thanks.

Do you have to outboard the springs to fit the 60 axles ?

On mine I moved the hangers out 3/4" on each side, and moved the perches in 3/4" on each side to make up the 3" difference in spring track. The tires get in the way if you do it all on the frame, and the pumpkin gets in the way if you move just the perches.

I have a 60 rear end. I re-geard the front axle to match, and Im running 1 1/2" wheel spacers to add the extra width that the 60 axel would have. Im SUA, and as you all know they added all the length to the driver side of the 60 axel making welding a perch in there very difficult on a SUA. eventually I will do a shackle reverse and run out riggers on the front with a 62 front axel and upgrade to a FF in the rear. but to answer the question, yes my track width is identical to a 60.

On mine I moved the hangers out 3/4" on each side, and moved the perches in 3/4" on each side to make up the 3" difference in spring track. The tires get in the way if you do it all on the frame, and the pumpkin gets in the way if you move just the perches.

BKcruiser,

pictures? build thread? like I said I'm looking at this for the front. I didnt have any problems just moving the perches in an 1 1/2" on the rear.

BKcruiser,

pictures? build thread? like I said I'm looking at this for the front. I didnt have any problems just moving the perches in an 1 1/2" on the rear.

No build thread, most of my stuff is built on the trail LOL!

For the front I would think just outboarding the hangers would be the simplest way. Inboarding the perches would climb into the third member alot. The only reason I split the difference was to gain a little clearance on the tires at full lock. I had to adjust the pass ubolt a little as it is.
new housing.jpg

uglyoinker.....looks like your boy is flipping us off!

No build thread, most of my stuff is built on the trail LOL!

For the front I would think just outboarding the hangers would be the simplest way. Inboarding the perches would climb into the third member alot. The only reason I split the difference was to gain a little clearance on the tires at full lock. I had to adjust the pass ubolt a little as it is.

I see your on 37's I wont be any bigger than 33's or 34's with it still SUA. you think I wont have any rubbing issues iF I just out board the hangers?

Archie, I would think you would be fine with those tires.

uglyoinker.....looks like your boy is flipping us off!

it's deceiving. He's holding up a leaf. Fall in the uintah mountains are very colorful. The leaf is almost same color as his shirt. But yeah. totally looks like he's throwing down the bird.

I think it was one of the best things I could do to my tall and soft 55 much more solid, just outboarded- still turns very tight for a old 55...
125.jpg
002.jpg

Thanks for the info. I am thinking 60 axles are the way to go.

Thank you! It's changed quite a bit, now has a 6 point rollcage and the ARB RTT on top, plus painted

(hijack off) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom