55 aux tank questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if one of those fj40 underseat longrange tanks(28gallon) would fit in a 55 if the heater were moved? On the same topic: wondering if anyone has pics/capacities of custom aux fuel or water tanks mounted underneath a 55?

I doubt it would fit,as there is no depression where the 40 series tank would need it under the passenger side. I have seen a few FJ55's with aux tanks that mounted along the inside of the frame rail that had the filler neck come up through the front fender. I think they are around 10 gallons. Bad design, as they hang pretty low.

cruiserbrett said:
I doubt it would fit,as there is no depression where the 40 series tank would need it under the passenger side. I have seen a few FJ55's with aux tanks that mounted along the inside of the frame rail that had the filler neck come up through the front fender. I think they are around 10 gallons. Bad design, as they hang pretty low.

I've got one of said inside frame tanks I took out of a 55 parts rig YEARS AGO. I would LOVE to get it moved down the road. $100 plus the ride and it is soooooo gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom