Wanted 54mm Socket/ Ca.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing the axels. I need a 54mm socket, ideally 3/8" drive .
I've ordered two online and they stuck in "pending" so I'm not sure they will ever ship.
Thanks
Dan

Anyone ever IDs one that doesn’t suck, would love to know about it. I’ve got two, one slightly less bad than the other.

cheap metal? I don't think they are high torque.
Might be unavoidable - which is why I stopped buying after the second one. They slip easily, but it might be that they just can’t get much purchase on the lock nuts given their depth and little/no space behind them to get deeper in the socket.

2 1/8 inch works. Easier to find in short notice. Sears always had them on shelf

2 1/8 inch works. Easier to find in short notice. Sears always had them on shelf
You still have Sears in your area?!?

You still have Sears in your area?!?
HAD being the key work in that sentence. Still much easier to call around and find a 2 1/8 on short notice.

Caution, with some 2-1/8" sockets, the wall thickness is quite significant as they assume you're torquing something to hundreds of ft-lbs :D You may have to grind the exterior OD in order to get it to fit inside the Land Cruiser wheel hub housing.

1647643587665.png

I am doing the axels. I need a 54mm socket, ideally 3/8" drive .
I've ordered two online and they stuck in "pending" so I'm not sure they will ever ship.
Thanks
Dan
It FINALLY arrived. Only took 8 weeks...

FEIW, we ALWAYS have the 54mm hub sockets in stock along with knuckle rebuild kits and much MUCH more.

Happy to help!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

FEIW, we ALWAYS have the 54mm hub sockets in stock along with knuckle rebuild kits and much MUCH more.

Happy to help!

Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com
I wish I would have known. I’m rebuilding everything inner axels, CV … took forever to compile everything but it’s here.

I wish I would have known. I’m rebuilding everything inner axels, CV … took forever to compile everything but it’s here.
We’ll, if you need anything else, keep us in mind.

Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom