52 Inch Tire Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of doing a soa plus a 6 inch lift. That should give me about 12 inches of lift. Do you think I would be able to run 52x16" tires without clearence issues?

what kind of axles? the only type I would concider with 52"ers would be duce and a halfs, even then you may have breakedge issues without upgraded shafts. top loaders add quite and bit of height in themselves and a lot a width, I think you could get away with it with some help from a sawzaw. Might not even need 6" springs.

just curious.... what do you need 26" of ground clearance for? just for fun, or are you planning on driving over a bunch of civics? :D

yeah, sawzall...

e

On a FJ40, will the tires touch in the middle? 44's look crazy on a 40, but 52's? Are you compensating for something? (just kidding). There is a FJ60 on 52's somewhere here, the owner calls it TippyR.

Whatever floats yer boat.

Hodag

Again, what axles, what wheel base??

Remember that a 40 has a 90" wb stock... that would put your tires a bit over 3' apart.....

Actually, I want to see that..

Mace said:

Remember that a 40 has a 90" wb stock... that would put your tires a bit over 3' apart.....

find a sami on 38"s...it is about the same thing to scale. ;)

Never seen a stock WB sammy on 38's either :flipoff2:

Although, kempers comes close...

Mace said:

That will be a he!! of a turning radius! 1/2 turn on the steering wheel, and the tires will be rubbing the frame. :doh:

Its kind of a loaded question. This BJ60 is running them on less than 7" of lift, lots of trimming and unimog axles. It turns tighter than my nearly stock HJ60.
tippyr.JPG

have a look at offroad performance warehouse in Aus's site (not searching for you) or the Australian Tuff truck site (tufftruck.com.au i think) or on outerlimits4x4.com for peter antunec's Fj40.

it runs 49 inch irocks and can ramp the front so that the front tire is actuall paralell to the ground.

I'm thinking of using Rockwell Military axles. I found some cheap 52" tires and I want to try and use them. If anybody has ever seen a fj with 52" please post a pic.

hwell here's antunec's monster

the pics with the IROCS are the most recent ones, and their 49's.

the others are 46 claws, 44 boggers 44 tsls.

and this thing rawks. at the second round of werock in australia it beat everyone except one buggy... yep a ... ahem.... full bodied rig on 49's beat purpose built rock buggys on rock
TT05_03_074.jpg
TT05_03_013.jpg
Peter_Antunac640.sized.jpg

well here's antunec's monster

and this thing rawks. at the second round of werock in australia it beat everyone except one buggy... yep a ... ahem.... full bodied rig on 49's beat purpose built rock buggys on rock
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
TT05_03_034.jpg

well here's antunec's monster

practice03_1.sized.jpg
TT05_03_161.jpg

I really don't think "full bodied" describes that rig well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom