52 Inch Tire Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Advent said:

this is my buddies buggy on 53s WB is around 135", wheelbase and tire size have quite a correlation, 135” really isn’t very long with a 53” tire

and yes it is extremely booty and still has much to be finished, but it is basically like a tractor, just drives over everything.

Picture-006sm.jpg

bustanutley said:
this is my buddies buggy on 53s WB is around 135", wheelbase and tire size have quite a correlation, 135” really isn’t very long with a 53” tire

and yes it is extremely booty and still has much to be finished, but it is basically like a tractor, just drives over everything.

Picture-006sm.jpg

Does Tina Turner know her vehicle was stolen???

MadMax3.jpg

FJBen said:
Does Tina Turner know her vehicle was stolen???

MadMax3.jpg

Oh @&@&@&@&.... :D

Both the 60 and that spinning axle on that 40 make my head hurt. Where does the 60 live... Alaska or the swamp or something? Sweet rigs, but way outta my league.

Rezarf <><

MAd Max is exactly right, :grinpimp: its name is the Armageddon rig. this is coming from same guy that tows it with a multi-fuel Deuce and a half, plan was to be able to load it in the back, didn't work out though. He has since put a huge cat engine in the deuce with a crazy over drive so he can haul ass to the trails. Buggy has some serious ends to tie up.

bustanutley said:
Buggy has some serious ends to tie up.

Like the strapped down fuel tank :)

Rezarf <><

bustanutley said:

I was just saying that there is no 'ideal' wheelbase. I would personally prefer a much shorter than 130" wheelbase, even with those tires. Can't make it around the tight corners on our trails without a short wheelbase. We don't have the rock ledges that demand anything really long.

BTW i have pics of 53s on fj40 they were running around for sometime now, let me find them like 12" if that between the front and rear tires, and required a subframe for the suspension. WAS GHETTOLUCIOUS

rear steer on 130, cake.

do not understand why you would want 12" lift on a fj40? guess if you need it to do what you want then so be it.

This is so not my flavor.

BTW yes 53s on double beadlocks are heavy, as well as 2.5 rocks, sick of moving them!

REZARF said:
Both the 60 and that spinning axle on that 40 make my head hurt. Where does the 60 live... Alaska or the swamp or something? Sweet rigs, but way outta my league.

Rezarf <><[/QUOT I'm pretty sure thats an Alberta truck.

Mace said:
I really don't think "full bodied" describes that rig well..

well it still has firewall, tub, and hood... and most the chassis... and is road registered (a tuff thing to do in aus with over 2 inches of lift)

john0089 said:
some photoshopping for inspiration.

big400rz.jpg
I like how the chop has six lug axles....

that would be 6 on 7-1/4 lug pattern, thats a dana 60 front and 70 rear out of a 1-1/4 ton jeep m715 army truck...have a set of those axles in my yard:D

The tires make it look cartoon-like, kinda like a toy at Radio Shack...

But man I would love to take one set up like that out for a run!

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom