5 speed with 16 spline output (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I seen in the transmission faq that there is a 5 speed with a 16 spline output and 4.8 first gear, I want to find one to put in my BJ40, does anyone know what models this came in?

Is that the H55F?

I think so, but actually looking now, I see there is a h41 4 spd with a 16 output, what diesels are these found in? would the overall length of the drivetrain stay the same? I'm assuming I have a h42.

Well buddy that's where the conversation gets above my head. Sorry I can't help you out, maybe Mark can give you some guidance.

I see there is a h41 4 spd with a 16 output, what diesels are these found in? would the overall length of the drivetrain stay the same? I'm assuming I have a h42.

The h42 and h41 are identical externally, just different gears. Probably almost any Aussie diesel with a 4 speed was an h41. There was an h41 gearset for sale on the classified forums for a long time that had the correct input shaft for your application. You could rebuild your existing tranny with those gears and be good to go.

Sold? https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/395718-h41-gears-tranny-rebuild-kit.html#post6344824

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom