5 speed in my 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey. Where can i get a h55 5 speed brand new from toyota and how much? SOR and CoolCruisers are too expensive and cool cruisers only offers h55f. I found someone neer me that can do a conversion and the e-brake , speedometer and driveshaft mods for 750. What should i look into to make sure he does it right. yes ive done my research and i need some advise from people who have done this before. What will be noticable different cosmetically aside from mechanically also. thanx alot, Rachel

What year is your 40? What is in it now? A 3 or 4 speed? It isnt difficult to do it yourself if thats an option to you. You could save a couple hundred that way as you need a longer speedo, external ebrake and a hundred or two at the driveline shop. Cosmetically, it looks good and you can see the finished pics in the tech links on a couple different ones. Maybe put a new clutch/pressure plate while youre there. Just a thought.

Okie- Clean your PM box out, it's full. PM me and I will quote you a price.

Seth

okie said:
hey. Where can i get a h55 5 speed brand new from toyota and how much? SOR and CoolCruisers are too expensive and cool cruisers only offers h55f. I found someone neer me that can do a conversion and the e-brake , speedometer and driveshaft mods for 750. What should i look into to make sure he does it right. yes ive done my research and i need some advise from people who have done this before. What will be noticable different cosmetically aside from mechanically also. thanx alot, Rachel

H55F is the only version you can get I think, not even sure what a H55 would be?

shiping is gonna be spendy, so you might try a local dealer to save on shiping......but then you got sales tax......so its prolly a wash.

I would try Cdan.

best you gonna do anyplace is $1600-1700(which is close to cost)

well thats what I would have thought but read the post

"Where can i get a h55 5 speed brand new from toyota and how much? SOR and CoolCruisers are too expensive and cool cruisers only offers h55f."

wesintl said:
slang for h55f :D

I bought the H55F/splitcase combo from a guy in Los Angeles a few years back. Screw shipping. I got in the Dodge, drove, arrived, loaded, drove and got back to Houston about 52 hours later. Anybody say, "ROADTRIP"?

They're out there and highly recommended. Talk to CDan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom