5 spd with split transfer into late fj55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so i am about to make an offer on an h55f with a split transfer case/fairey overdrive unit and i want to fit this to a late fj55 with a 4 spd and pre-split transfer case.

I want to know:

- Will the 4 speed bellhousing (2f) fit to the 5 speed gearbox.
- Will/can the gears be swapped in the transfer from the 19 spline to the 16 spline shaft if the the bellhousing doesn't fit?
- Can i use the original transmission mounting system or do i need to make a cross member?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Dave.

Im only about 90% sure so take it for what its worth first no transfer case stuff cannt be swaped split case stuff only works with split case Yes you can use the same bellhousing they have the same bolt pattern Im not sure of the stock mounting for either setup but the tranny are real close in size so Id guess you can use the same mounts sorry Im not the best help

I want to know:

- Will the 4 speed bellhousing (2f) fit to the 5 speed gearbox.
Yes. Make sure you get the H55 with the correct input shaft.
- Will/can the gears be swapped in the transfer from the 19 spline to the 16 spline shaft if the the bellhousing doesn't fit?
- Can i use the original transmission mounting system or do i need to make a cross member?
You'll need to fab a cross member (cut one down from a 60 ;) )
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Dave.

You will have to shorten your rear DS and lengthen the front most likely, as well as modify your transmission tunnel a bit to account for the H55 top plate.

:cheers:

Tucker

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom