5 on 150 wheel options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm putting together a set of new 70 series axles to go under my wife's V8J40. I'm going to leave the leafs in the back and use coils in the front since I have almost everything I need, parts wise. I'm wondering if anyone has any good North American options for negative offset or low backspaced wheels. Ideally, I'd use a 16, 17 or 18"wheel, about 8" or 9" wide and 4" max backspace. That backspace takes most of the 100, 200 series or Tundra options off the table. I'd consider spacers but this rig is going to need an out of province inspection and spacers are a no-go item.

Backup plan is to use minetruck split-rims. They are still in good supply but I think they are only 5.5" wide so they'd be a temporary solution.

Another option would be to order some 105 series wheels. They seem affordable enough... 42601-60611

20191223_005205469_iOS.jpg

Hmmm Its possible Mr T solved the problem for me. The late model 79 series rear axle seems to measure about 1470mm WMS-WMS . That's about 60mm wider than the 40 and will let me run the commonly available zero offset Tundra wheels. Now to see about the front.

I was wondering why the new style drums are so wide.

20191229_004549296_iOS.jpg

Isn't the front axle on the late model 79 even wider than the rear?
That was the complaint for quite a while. I'm not quite sure when Toyota widened the rear. Maybe it was to solve the difference? I'll start assembling the front soon and then we'll know more.

That was the complaint for quite a while. I'm not quite sure when Toyota widened the rear. Maybe it was to solve the difference? I'll start assembling the front soon and then we'll know more.
Toyota still haven't widened the rear. Still about a 95mm difference

Toyota still haven't widened the rear. Still about a 95mm difference
I must have a pre 2007 front axle then. I don't remember if it had a part number tag or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom