5 May week of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
I just spent two weeks in area and saw quite a few cruisers around...both Landcruisers and FJs...saw a really nice FJ40...a blue FJ60 and a black FJC. Talked to guy in FJC...had Texas plates and it was 2007 he bought used. Told him about you guys and gave him the forum address.

I have to go back up around 4 May for a week and am thinking about driving up and bringing my camera gear for some pics if I get free time...and wonder if you guys have anything planned that week of 5 May through 10 May.....

I also told him about FJ Bruiser guys but their forum is locked down...LOL

Likely be staying in Alexandria somewhere as that is where my work is going to be....not sure as of this moment. Last time I think they put me up at Marriot on Queen street...a few blocks from Murphys and all.

Will let you know...but used to be stationed up there so know the area pretty good on Maryland side and used to hunt and camp in Savage River Forest off Poplar Lick trail in their primitive sites that require some stream fording and can get up to your hood during Spring runoff...LOL

Hey Brock, I live about a mile north of there in Alexandria. And I work right across from the King St. Metro station. Let me know if you want to grab a beer or something.

As for cruiser events, the only thing I can think of is that we're having our May CLCC meeting on the evening of the 7th. That takes place at Jack Taylor Toyota, which is also just north of where you're staying.

sounds good...where do you work, Joe Theismans?

I will definately be up to meet you guys there maybe on 7th...I will be there from Sunday through Saturday so plenty of time as long as job does not kill me. LOL

Nah, I work in one of the Carlyle buildings on Duke St. Right at the corner of Duke and Diagonal.

well, i am definitely driving the FJC up for the week....so if you guys and/or FJ Bruisers can post when/where the meet is located i will try to come and say hello...

thanks.

Hey Brock, I live about a mile north of there in Alexandria. And I work right across from the King St. Metro station. Let me know if you want to grab a beer or something.

As for cruiser events, the only thing I can think of is that we're having our May CLCC meeting on the evening of the 7th. That takes place at Jack Taylor Toyota, which is also just north of where you're staying.

Do you have address for Jack Taylor Toyota? Or should it be easy to look up in phone book in room for DC area? Just not sure if it is up near 70 or still down in District area... Hope to see you Wednesday.:popcorn:

Do you have address for Jack Taylor Toyota? Or should it be easy to look up in phone book in room for DC area? Just not sure if it is up near 70 or still down in District area... Hope to see you Wednesday.:popcorn:

Address:

3750 Jefferson Davis Highway Alexandria VA 22305

It should be just a couple miles north of where you're staying in Old Town Alexandria. Just head north from Old Town on Rt. 1 (N. Patrick St in Old Town, then it turns into Jeff. Davis Hwy). The dealership will be on your left after you pass Target on the right. We meet in the conference room upstairs in the new auto showroom. The employees won't know what you're talking about if you ask, so just head towards the stair in the center/rear of the showroom. We're in the conference room at the end of the hall.

Afterwards, we'll head over to Hops or Don Pablo's for some beer.

See you next week!

Sounds good as hotel is inbetween Jefferson Davis Highway and Crystal City Drive in Arlington.....

What is time you are meeting I only saw "evening"

Okay, than disregard my directions and head south on Jeff Davis Hwy. The dealership will be on your right, across from the Shoppers Food Warehouse.

Meeting time is 7:30. Beer time is 8:15-ish.

THanks for allowing me to sit in on your monthly meeting while up here in DC...much appreciated. WOrked out well as I made a couple friends and found out a member was heading our way to Tega Cay, Fort Mill, Rock Hill area of South Carolina.

Sorry I did not join you for beverages but have a lot of work to finish so I can wrap up this trip tomorrow and head home on Friday morning in the FJ.

I missed my home club meeting on 19th of April as I was up here working in April....so maybe this one made up for it in the eyes of TLCA. LOL

If ever down near Charleston SC...along 17south or other...give me a yell.:beer:

Brock:

Sorry I missed you. Maybe we can hook up the next time I'm in Summerville/Charleston, which will likely be Christmas. My sister lives on East Richardson Ave a stone's throw from the Berlin G. Myers overpass.

- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom