#5 Green 60, bodywork and paint (Princess) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to nit-pick, but those rear shackles are on backwards :)

What's your preferred method for stripping Kelly? Shirt first or pants? :p

Seriously though, looks like a paint stripping product, along with scraping, then finishing out with a contour-sct type tool. That about right?
😅😂

You are pretty much correct! I try several types of stripper, figure out what works on each vehicle, then apply about 3 different coats and scrape in between coats too, covering it in plastic each time so it doesn’t dry out. Then final scrape, and finally the Contour sander. Funny is that the Citrus Strip works really well sometimes. In the old days, back when Methylene Chloride was in stripper, you could apply it on a vertical surface and watch it roll off on the ground leaving bare metal. Scary stuff.

Moving right along.

IMG_2196.JPG

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Kelly!

Is that filler at the bottom of the drivers door?
Yes, and it was thick. Im cutting all the lower door skin sections off so it should be fine.

Let the B29 Superfortress comments begin........ NOW.

Today the roof was sanded and all the other areas of the body that were not completely sanded were also done today. The lower door skins were cut off, once again exposing the active rust hiding in these doors. There is not any rebuilding necessary on these doors, but they needed to be replaced for sure. The A pillar gutters were also removed, the passenger side was really bad. There will be a sand blasting day soon and we will clean up all the door jambs, surface rust in the gutters and other places.

IMG_2228.JPG
IMG_2230.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2233.JPG

Lower rear quarters were cut out today also. There was 2" deep water on both sides in the lower rear areas. It was stinky, nasty old water.

IMG_2238.JPG
Resized952021010795113853.jpg

Lots happening here. Custom rear quarter panel lowers fabricated today. There was about 1/2" thick filler layer on the lower corner, and some rust, so I cut that out also.

IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG

The fenders had to be removed to straighten the lower smashed-in areas. The inner fender and lower fenders were quite bad. All good now.

IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG

it's crazy how big 60 rear springs look with small tires on there.

showing off the stupid low (pirate).jpg

Taller still with no weight in it. I drove my truck into the garage, and after disassembly, I had to weigh the rear end down with people to be able to roll it out, because of how much taller it was.

Are you going to weld up the hole for the dorkel? 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom