5.9 Cummins diesel in fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BulletHead

Village Idiot
Threads
i know a guy selling a 5.9 6bt. are these good candidates for converting fj60s? it has over 300k on it. whats it worth?

Last edited:
I have seen one stuffed in a 60 on the internet. Not sure where the pictures are. Dieselcruiserhead had a site with a link to these pictures. So maybe he can post them.

its a long engine. Also has a lot of torque for 60.

But if you got it for a good price it might be a fun conversion.

whats a good price for it? seems like a lot of miles, 300k+.

i think this is it, 4btswaps.com. so i guess the 5.9 would be a 6bt?

Big engine, tall as well. I think it would be a great engine for the 60 but would need some well thought out planning to deal w/the torque, weight and size.

5.9's pull a good buck even as a core. Depending on where you live a 5.9 w/ that kind of mileage could still go for $2500 or so if it's been maintained and has no issues. I'm looking for a good one for a 75 f250 Hi-boy right now.

I have no idea really. But a diesel engine in junkyard(without anything extra) can run 5K canadian for a cummins. That is what I was quoted a while back. But if I did want to do the swap I would want the whole running gear. Might as well use the axles, t case, trans....all. And get the driveshafts cut shorter or whatever.

I would also use the brakes from the dodge.

whats the tranny type to use? np4500, np205, a727?

why would i want to use the axles from the dodge?

Last edited:
Stronger? Not offset? I really don't know. But it is matched to the torque of a Cummins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom