5.7P Vortec Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am starting this thread to show progress on my 1997 Vortec swap with my 1992 Land Cruiser and keep track of parts. The engine options I have are a 5.7L Vortec and an old Camaro 350, the Camaro motor is a backup incase the Vortec doesn't start for some reason. My dad is the owner of these two motors and he will give one to me since he has no use for them and wont sell them for some reason. The options I have for transmissions is a 4L60E from GM, which came stock with the Vortec and the stock Toyota transmission, the A440F. The motor from the Toyota is perfectly fine but isnt giving me enough power to be worth the keep, I can also get better gas mileage from the Vortec. If the value of the Land Cruisers with the 3-FE shoots up i will be keeping the motor incase so i can re-swap if i ever wanted to sell it (unlikely but if i happen to come across a 68 Camaro...).

Last edited:
I found an adapter for the stock transmission to the Vortec, im going to that route since my stock transmission is perfectly fine and doesn't slip or anything. Also so I don't have to worry about as much custom fabrication for transmission mounts and wiring.
Here's the link to the adapter if anyone is curious: 712535-B : Land Cruiser FJ62 Automatic to1986 & later GM V8 Engines | Advance Adapters
And the engine mounts I plan on using: 713124 : Chevy V8 & 4.3L V6 engine mount kit | Advance Adapters

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom