(5) 285/75R16 Cooper STT's 75% tread Central IA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a set of (5) 285/75R16 Cooper STT's with at least 75% tread left. I will post some pics with actual depth measurements if anyone is interested. I would prefer local pickup because I am not sure how much these would be to ship.

I am located in Des Moines, IA and I would be willing to deliver them as far as Lincoln, NE or within an hour North, South, or East of Des Moines for free.

The tires are in good shape and have only been on a trail for one afternoon. All other wheeling has been in the sand on a beach. There are a couple very small chunks from some rocks that I can show in the pictures.

I am thinking about moving up to a 315 Cooper STT.

I saw a set of Toyo's w/ 50% tread go for $100 each so $575 OBO for the set of 5 seems fair. Let me know if this is too far off. Update:price reduction, see below

I did notice that in the last picture, I found a section on the rib right next to the rim that has a slit. It looks like something that would be covered under warranty. If it is I will take it in and get a new one.

As far as the other tires are concerned, you can see on the pic with the quarter that there is some "rough" spots on the forward section of the lugs. I could not find any actual "chunking" when I went out there, but I do know that I have seen a small chunk (maybe 1/4" or so) on one of the tires but I'll have to move it around to find it.

DSCF3124.jpg

DSCF3125.jpg
DSCF3124.jpg
DSCF3125.jpg
DSCF3129.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see the pics

I wish I was closer. I have some 315 MTRs on my 100 that I'd like to go down to a 285. My project truck is getting the big meats so the 100 would be better with the smaller tires.

Posted pics. All the tires are in the same condition/depth with the FR tire having about 1/4-1/16" more tread that the others. The only real flaw I found was that crack near the bead. If it looks like something covered under warranty I'll take it in.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for looking!

Posted pics. All the tires are in the same condition/depth with the FR tire having about 1/4-1/16" more tread that the others. The only real flaw I found was that crack near the bead. If it looks like something covered under warranty I'll take it in.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for looking!

nicholas, I think that crack near the bead is a manufacturer's defect which should be under warranty. I would take it back for replacement if I were in your shoes. That crack may lead to an accident specially when off roading:D

nicholas, I think that crack near the bead is a manufacturer's defect which should be under warranty. I would take it back for replacement if I were in your shoes. That crack may lead to an accident specially when off roading:D

Thanks, i'll go try to find a cooper dealer around here because I bought them in UT. You can tell the tire has not been abused and it doesn't have any actual sidewall cracks etc.

Possible sale pending shipping logistics.

Bump for a weekend price blowout, how about $550 OBO?

I have a potential buyer, but I won't be driving his way until August, so he might need new tires before then. If these don't sell by then he will take them if he hasn't bought new tires by then. The 315 Coopers I am looking at are almost sold out, so I'd like to get these sold soon if possible.

I have not had time to go to a cooper dealer yet to get the warranty taken care of on the one tire. So hopefully this will be for 4 used tires and one brand new tire. If the one tire is not warrantied, then I will reduce the price and you can use it as a spare since it holds air fine.

Any takers? :steer::)

Arghhh! Why do you have to be in IA?

Arghhh! Why do you have to be in IA?

I know:mad:, but I only got accepted to one of the two med schools I applied to out west and the one here provides a better education.

I was just in Idaho and UT in Dec, but I hadn't planned on selling these until I recently saw the 315 Coopers for a reasonable price here locally. They only have a couple of sets left, so hopefully these sell. Otherwise I'll probably have to keep these and get 315's in a few years when these are worn out.

My local source has a set and a half of the 315's left. Any takers on the 285's so I can go ahead and get these 315's?

mud tires

do you still have the tires??? I know someone who might be interested, and BONUS, we actually live an hour south of des moines!! let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom