4xInnovations sliders installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to give Adam at 4XInnovations some props for a quality product at a reasonable price.

I installed his bolt-on 80 series sliders on my LX this weekend, and they fit like like a glove. I was able to do the install by myself with the help of a couple of jack stands in a couple of hours.

Here are some pics of them installed. I found some rattle can paint at Walmart that is fairly close to the color of my body mouldings to help blend them into the rig.

IMG_0586a.jpg

IMG_0590a.jpg

IMG_0587a.jpg

IMG_0588a.jpg

IMG_0589a.jpg

IMG_0591a.jpg

IMG_0592a.jpg

nice. what's that white stuff on the ground? LOL! I want some snow.

They look great. IIRC they seem like a really affordable option.

Hijack: What are you using for caster correction with those J's

Hijack: What are you using for caster correction with those J's

Umm... Nothing. :eek: One of these days I need to get that taken care of... It's not to bad to drive. It will get a little darty if I hit just the right bump, but I've driven vehicles a lot worse handling from the factory.

Sliders

They sure look great. Any pictures on the anchor points where and how they are bolted on/welded to the frame?

Am planning a mod for sliders where the OEM aluminum stepboard could sit on..... Any ideas on how to do this, or has anyone done this before? TIA

Those look really nice!

Howdy! I like that color, instead of the usual black. Might actaully last longer. What part of central Ill. are you in? John

They sure look great. Any pictures on the anchor points where and how they are bolted on/welded to the frame?

These are bolt on. The drivers side is clamped to the frame rail with plates and formed u-brackets. The passenger side is bolted to OEM weld-nuts on the frame in the front and u-brackets are in the rear. I didn't take any underneath pics, but Adam has pics on his site.

Howdy! I like that color, instead of the usual black. Might actaully last longer. What part of central Ill. are you in? John

The paint is Krylon or Rustoleum rattle can in a "hammered" finish. If anyone is interested I can get the exact brand and paint color. I actually tried 2 shades, but the 1st one was too gold for my taste.

I'm work in Peoria, IL and live closer to Galesburg.

Those look good! I really like the color you painted them.

Interesting. Their website makes it look like the sliders have more of an upward angle.

Ahh... I forgot to mention that. Normally they are angled to follow the conour of the rockers, but I requested mine to be built flat more like a step for a couple of reasons. I have vertically challenged riders that complain about the step in height, and hopefully it will keep those pesky midwestern trees away from body panels.

I have these as well and they work out awesome. I hit them with some Duplicolor Primer and Flat Black Enamel. Installed in about 2 hours, working solo. I did replace the supplied nuts with nylock fasteners.

Looks like 95+ years. Would it be to hard for a bolt on application for a 94?

They look great. Exactly the design/look I will be going for when $$ is avail.

These are bolt on. The drivers side is clamped to the frame rail with plates and formed u-brackets. The passenger side is bolted to OEM weld-nuts on the frame in the front and u-brackets are in the rear. I didn't take any underneath pics, but Adam has pics on his site.

The paint is Krylon or Rustoleum rattle can in a "hammered" finish. If anyone is interested I can get the exact brand and paint color. I actually tried 2 shades, but the 1st one was too gold for my taste.

I'm work in Peoria, IL and live closer to Galesburg.
Kool. I was born and raised in Bushnell, but Moved to Monmouth after I graduated from H.S. Kinda married the girl next door. John

Hopefully they will come out with pre 95 sliders before i spend the cash somewhere else......HINT HINT, 4X innovations: HURRY UP ALREADY!! :D

Kool. I was born and raised in Bushnell, but Moved to Monmouth after I graduated from H.S. Kinda married the girl next door. John

Small world... I graduated HS from Knoxville in '90.

Sven, thanks for the pics! I like how you matched the color of your rig with the paint.

For those of you who asked, here's some pictures of the underside. I have pretty flexible manufacturing on these so I can build them to fit your needs.:smokin:
fj80sliderskid3s.jpg
FJ80passrearunder.jpg
fj80sliderdriverside6.jpg

I really like the wrap around mounts and the cat protection But the big openings between are kinda large .
I would get a big O rock to wedge in one of those voids and be stuck. It looks like it could be remedied by throwing some more tube or some dimpled plate at it .
JMHO

ken
O and I like the gold paint.:cool:

Last edited:
I really like the wrap around mounts and the cat protection But the big openings between are kinda large .
I would get a big O rock to wedge in one of those voids and be stuck. It looks like it could be remedied by throwing some more tube or some dimpled plate at it .
JMHO

ken
O and I like the gold paint.:cool:

picky picky! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom