4X4Labs rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. I recently got Luke’s rear bumper kit in the mail and welded it up, painted it, and put it on my rig, I figured I would share the look, I’m pretty impressed with it. While I was at it, I cut the bottom the the tailgate off and fixed all the rust. I also shaved the window wiper and sprayer holes on the upper tailgate, and repainted with a not so great paint match. Either I’ll spray the whole truck with this in time, or I’ll correct it when I repaint after the huge amount of other rust repair I need to do

I used a cheapo HVLP to spray thinned rustoleum black implement paint. That way when i scratch it, it’s an easy fix

yes, I realize the tire is on the right side, and not the left. I wasn’t paying attention when I welded it up, so, the tire is on the right side now. I can drill new holes if needed

i also still need to reposition the license plate, as it’s not exactly legal at the moment.

This was a fun project and went pretty well. Parts fit up nice and it went together easy.

next up is the C channel repair

04846632-87D0-49D6-9DD8-950DD3B96431.jpeg

DD2A80F7-5A54-4832-89D5-90F95A86762E.jpeg

A4030815-7E45-401D-B8DA-6861E2E53020.jpeg

B7CEFB5B-52C2-487C-A2DB-F0B24F5AA742.jpeg

Great looking bumper. It's on my list (has been for many years). Curious why it's an issue having the spare on the right side versus the left though.

Great looking bumper. It's on my list (has been for many years). Curious why it's an issue having the spare on the right side versus the left though.

Left or right side tire mount is for driver visibility out the back has always been my assumption. Right side mount can create a blind spot in the left hand drive rig.

That right side mount might help with the cruiser lean though.

Well I'm jealous. these are easily my favorite bumpers for the 60's. I really like the quarter panel protection they offer.

Isn't the tire carrier just mounted with bolts on the swing arm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom