Nissan 4x4 switch??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 2006 Frontier 4x4 V6- 6 speed manual. I was using it to move some trailers around my yard and had it in 4x4 low range to do so. I really haven't used the 4x4 much but the switch into and out did seem to work - before. This time it seemed to take quite awhile for it to go into 4x4 and then into low range when I switched it on. Then it was real hard to get it out of low range when it finally went to hi range I switched it back to 2wd. The next day when I started it the little picture window was blank and a 4x4 light was on - and still is. I did finally notice that when I start it up for about a second the picture comes on in 4 low but blinks off and stays off. I can not get it into 4x4 at all now.

It's hard to tell but it seems like the front end is locked up- kind of like when you lock in manual hubs - - but it might just be my imagination. Drives OK - mileage is about normal - does not feel like it is in 4x4 when driving around on pavement .

Any ideas????? Is this a "typical Nissan Problem" I have other manual 4x4's - this is the first electronic one I've had - don't like the electronic engagement much.

?????????????

Thanks - couldn't seem to find a way to do a "search".

LBMN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom