4x4 Lo Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a switch on an 87 tcase that indicates if you are in 4 lo. and if there is, does it switch to ground.

My LS harness needs a signal for 4lo for the transmission to shift correctly. The wire is switch to ground.

If not, I will have to add a manual switch to switch to ground for this wire.

I don't think so.

There is no switch on the case that triggers when shifting into 4lo. It triggers when shifting to 4wd.

Bummer...I’m out of holes for switches:)

My '86 FJ60 has an FJ62 transfer case, the rear case half has provisions for the L4 switch, along with the detents in the shift fork shaft. I converted the transfer case to manual front drive engagement so didn't need the switch for it's original purpose. I wired it to a new indicator light in the dash.

My '86 FJ60 has an FJ62 transfer case, the rear case half has provisions for the L4 switch, along with the detents in the shift fork shaft. I converted the transfer case to manual front drive engagement so didn't need the switch for it's original purpose. I wired it to a new indicator light in the dash.

Does the 1987 60 case have the same provisions? I have a 4WD switch I could put in from another case if it would work

Pretty sure it doesn't - only on the FJ62 with vacuum shift transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom