4x4 labs rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One abstract thought I had with this thread is to change the setup to have two equal length arms with three mount holes each. Never an issue again with orders, etc...might just bring it up with Luke next time I am in Grass Valley visiting the family.

:cheers:

Steve

One abstract thought I had with this thread is to change the setup to have two equal length arms with three mount holes each. Never an issue again with orders, etc...might just bring it up with Luke next time I am in Grass Valley visiting the family.

Steve

Is there a reason why the swing out are not equal lengths? I'm in the process of getting the parts together to install mine and was trying to figure out which way to set them up.

Is there a reason why the swing out are not equal lengths? I'm in the process of getting the parts together to install mine and was trying to figure out which way to set them up.

Not sure why, more of a question for Luke. I setup mine with the tire on the DS and bike carrier on the PS.

Steve

I wouldn't be to hard on yourself GT3, people around here can be way to sensitive about their favorite vendors.

I personally want to read about product issues and how the vendor resolved the situation. It's part of what makes this forum so valuable.

But for some promoting the illusion of perfection for their chosen vendors is paramount to the open exchange of experiences.

Glad you are happy with your bumper.

Don't know if my comments are included in the "people around here" comment, but here goes. I don't own any labs products, don't plan on buying any, don't know Luke, etc etc. I saw a small business owner getting beat up that otherwise has a good reputation, over an issue that could have been worked out behind the scenes.

Landtank, you sell brackets I understand. You have an excellent reputation here and are a valuable contributor to many threads. If you ship the wrong brackets to a fella, do you want to hear from him first and have a chance to make iot right, or get beat up in the forum first?

Don't know if my comments are included in the "people around here" comment, but here goes. I don't own any labs products, don't plan on buying any, don't know Luke, etc etc. I saw a small business owner getting beat up that otherwise has a good reputation, over an issue that could have been worked out behind the scenes.

Landtank, you sell brackets I understand. You have an excellent reputation here and are a valuable contributor to many threads. If you ship the wrong brackets to a fella, do you want to hear from him first and have a chance to make iot right, or get beat up in the forum first?

While your impulse is admirable, you didn't read what the guy posted (or couldn't get through it because it was written like telegraph...stop). He said he did contact the vendor and he just wanted thoughts on what we would do to make things right at the vendor's invitation if we were in his shoes.

While your impulse is admirable, you didn't read what the guy posted (or couldn't get through it because it was written like telegraph...stop). He said he did contact the vendor and he just wanted thoughts on what we would do to make things right at the vendor's invitation if we were in his shoes.

You're right, I couldn't truly understand what all the OP was saying. Appears I was not the only one. Point is, give a vendor who has made an honest mistake the chance to do the right thing. I think this guy's posts can fairly be read to say that he was looking to bash the vendor a bit.

Not looking for perfection from anyone including the OP, but a little grace and understanding goes a long way.

Wasn't trying to bash the vendor at all,that was not the intention.

I was merely trying to explain the situation and get feed back as to what other people might do in this circumstance.

Sorry if people misunderstood,and took it so personal. Saying that a vendor made a mistake is not a bashing.

Mistakes happen,its a human condition,and totally understandable. I was just looking for advice on what to ask the vendor for,as per, compensation for the mix-up,if anything at all.

I am very happy and pleased with the bumper. Its awesome to say the least.The craftsmanship is above and beyond.

What would you do ,ask of,in this situation..? A T-shirt,stickers,discount on future purchase,etc...nothing...?

If you read the original post it also stated that I was happy just knowing the vendor was willing to make it right.

I was just looking for feedback as what people would do.

Last edited:
Nice looking bumper and sorry to hear about the prob.lens you ran into, but honestly I wouldn't have switched the swing arms. Sure it makes sense now, but the ladder is a ladder, and it's meant to support people standing on it. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I weigh more than a wheel and tire. This is a problem that should have been sorted out by Luke.

Steve
I just ordered my bumper today and talked to Luke and requested that both swing arms be equal in length. Main reason is that they will both barely clear the battery on the tongue of my trailer this way. I have no need for a second accessory at the moment and am on a budget so I will mount the license plate on the (otherwise bare swing arm) so the:princess: doesn't forget to open the swing arm and dent the gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom