4x4 labs rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To sum things up...

4x4 Labs make an awesome product, are flexible to your needs/requirements, are quick to respond to customer inquiries and will do what it takes to make the customer happy.

You have an awesome bumper!! Enjoy it!

Maybe next time CALL/ EMAIL the vendor before posting here? Most of the vendors sink or swim based upon word of mouth referrals and opinions on boards like this one. It sounds like an honest mistake. In any business, mistakes happen, it's what the seller does to fix them that makes or breaks them ... you didn't even give the dude a chance to fix it before you not so subtly bad mouthed him.

If you read both my posts you'll see that I did Call/email the Vendor first...you'll also see that I said nothing but positive things for Labs and there products....it was an honest mistake which I accept and I also accepted to mod the bumper and make it work myself...I posted on here for opinions as to what other people would do in this situation....subtly all I said is they made a mistake....and that's all... I am still very satisfied w/the bumper and would encourage others to purchase products from these guys...as I already stated in my other posts....thanks for your opinion though....

Gt3James,

I think I'm getting what your saying, I'm not sure everyone else is. Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT

You ordered a bumper a certain way.

You received the bumper and found out it was incorrect.

You had already started mounting it and adding items, making it kind of unreturnable in the same condition yoiu received it in

You contatced them and they said they would take care of it

Instead of making everyone (however, its money lost on the shipping for someone) pay for shipping, waiting on your bumper for a while longer you decided to keep it.

You were wanting to know from us, since you saved the vendor time and money lost on shipping, remoding it and such, if there was something fair to ask for in return for the incorrect product?

Is this pretty much correct? If not I'm lost.

examples -

Money saved on what would have been the shipping they would have spent sending it back and forth?

A discount on a future product?

Basically something for your time having to remod it, even though you made it better in your eyes because of what you spent the time doing.

I understand if I spent $3,300 dollars on something thinking i would rip it out of the package wiggle my nose and it would be on my rig all done, and when I received it I had to spend some time remoding it I might want to have some kind of good faith deal from the vendor. WHICH it seems like they are more then willing to do.

I don't think you did anything wrong here, EXCEPT, I just would have replaced name of business with the word VENDOR, and persons name as OWNER OF THE COMPANY. If it were me I would probably ask for 1/2 of the round trip shipping to have it fixed, refunded to me. You seem happy with the new product, and your remoding. Either let it be or ask for that. anything else IMO would be prob. to much.

So let the flaming on me begin.

Jeremy

Is that background picture of your rig on Lk George?

Jeremy that is exactly what I was trying to say and what I was looking fore ..and your probably right I should have kept the Vendors name out of it and there probably wouldn't have been as much misunderstanding...thank you for getting it and I appreciate your advise...

Nice place to be I'm sure. I'm sure today theres about 3 ft of white stuff over the top of it.

Just went for a quick snowmobile ride on Saratoga Lake. Too icy to go for long.

ya gotta go.

NP James, glad I understood, usually my wife tells me I'm so thick headed I don't get anything. :)

Forgot to mention in my last post but nice rig, I like the winch in the rear. I'm starting today on fabbing my new rear bumper, with swing out's for tire and jerry's. Won't look anything like yours but hey, hopefully it will work? Maybe? Possibly?

On a side note, glad to see you got the snow we sent you from down here in Kansas, hope you enjoyed it!

Jeremy

If you read both my posts you'll see that I did Call/email the Vendor first...you'll also see that I said nothing but positive things for Labs and there products....it was an honest mistake which I accept and I also accepted to mod the bumper and make it work myself...I posted on here for opinions as to what other people would do in this situation....subtly all I said is they made a mistake....and that's all... I am still very satisfied w/the bumper and would encourage others to purchase products from these guys...as I already stated in my other posts....thanks for your opinion though....

I can tell you are feeling beat up here as a couple guys were pretty hard on you. Keep this in mind, none of those guys just got done spending the amount of money that you did on a product that was not exactly what you paid for. I can say what I thought you could have been more tactful about, but I truthfully would have been a little ticked at first as well. The fact that Luke said that he would do whatever it takes to make it right would have been good enough for me to just handle it with Luke. I'm sure Luke is relieved that he doesn't have to pay for shipping that beast a couple more times, and will compensate you for it and if it were me, I would just ask for nice discount on the next one. I get where you are coming from here and hope that the overly emotional responses that have been popping up lately start to go away. Save the drama for knitting class and book club.:beer:

I can see where your coming from. More tactful approach would have been prudent. A couple of cool stickers for the garage and rig and I'd be good to go. Everyone makes mistakes, some people own up to em, and some people actually profit from those mistakes, like yourself with a swingout configuration that works better for you. Like I said, toss in a couple of stickers and you come out way ahead on someone elses mistake. It's all about perspective.

Gt3James,

I think I'm getting what your saying, I'm not sure everyone else is. Correct me if I'm wrong, BUT

You ordered a bumper a certain way.

You received the bumper and found out it was incorrect.

You had already started mounting it and adding items, making it kind of unreturnable in the same condition yoiu received it in

You contatced them and they said they would take care of it

Instead of making everyone (however, its money lost on the shipping for someone) pay for shipping, waiting on your bumper for a while longer you decided to keep it.

You were wanting to know from us, since you saved the vendor time and money lost on shipping, remoding it and such, if there was something fair to ask for in return for the incorrect product?

Is this pretty much correct? If not I'm lost.

examples -

Money saved on what would have been the shipping they would have spent sending it back and forth?

A discount on a future product?

Basically something for your time having to remod it, even though you made it better in your eyes because of what you spent the time doing.

I understand if I spent $3,300 dollars on something thinking i would rip it out of the package wiggle my nose and it would be on my rig all done, and when I received it I had to spend some time remoding it I might want to have some kind of good faith deal from the vendor. WHICH it seems like they are more then willing to do.

I don't think you did anything wrong here, EXCEPT, I just would have replaced name of business with the word VENDOR, and persons name as OWNER OF THE COMPANY. If it were me I would probably ask for 1/2 of the round trip shipping to have it fixed, refunded to me. You seem happy with the new product, and your remoding. Either let it be or ask for that. anything else IMO would be prob. to much.

So let the flaming on me begin.

Jeremy

That's what I got, too. Of course, your post was written in sentences, making it legible and relatively easy to understand.

Just something to consider.

Thanks again Jeremy...and good luck on your rear bumper...yeah we love the snow....

B-Legit :I appreciate your understanding of this matter as well,and yeah I guess I was feeling a little tortured by these guys.

You gave me pretty much what I was looking for,what I should ask for from Lab's because of the mix-up.

That's all I was looking for,opinions as to what you/other guys would do in the situation.

I should have been a little more clear/tactful I guess,in all honesty I was happy just knowing Luke was willing to make it right.

I just wanted to share the exp. and get other perspectives,now I know for next time.

Thanks again..

Buckru : Thanks for your comments as well,a few stickers ,a T-shirt whatever would be more than cool with me. I do feel like I came out ahead,the bumper is awesome,and then some.

Thanks for your 2cents...

Atticus : I am glad you understood what I was saying as well. Very happy to see some people on here knew where I was coming from.

In the future I will be sure to put spaces between sentences when I post.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Atticus: I am glad you understood what I was saying as well.

I am very happy to see some people on here knew where I was coming from. In the future I will be sure to put spaces between sentences when I post.

Thanks for the tip.

Use of punctuation and personal pronouns is helpful too. See above.

I wouldn't be to hard on yourself GT3, people around here can be way to sensitive about their favorite vendors.

I personally want to read about product issues and how the vendor resolved the situation. It's part of what makes this forum so valuable.

But for some promoting the illusion of perfection for their chosen vendors is paramount to the open exchange of experiences.

Glad you are happy with your bumper.

Thanks Landtank,I am realizing how critical/sensitive some of these guys are.

Not that I hold it against them,I can respect their loyalty. I am very happy with my bumper.

I also feel sharing our experiences with products/vendors is why this forum is so valuable and critical in

keeping the quality and customer satisfaction to an honest level.

Thanks again,I appreciate your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom