4x4 Labs Rear Bumper Review - FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My same bumper did that for the one day I ran it before completing installation with said brackets. They are key but a pain in the ass to out on. I did a write up on installation:

My powder coating is also so-so, but the bumper itself has been great.

sounds like you got a fix with peoples input on the brackets.

.02 on the paint issue.
With large grooved tires that pick up small and large stones and fling them off once the tire gets up to speed, you're going to have paint chip off. After it chips, the integrity of the paint has been compromised. The best solution I have found has been to Linex the bumper. This provided a shock adsorption factor for when the stone hits.

sounds like you got a fix with peoples input on the brackets.

.02 on the paint issue.
With large grooved tires that pick up small and large stones and fling them off once the tire gets up to speed, you're going to have paint chip off. After it chips, the integrity of the paint has been compromised. The best solution I have found has been to Linex the bumper. This provided a shock adsorption factor for when the stone hits.

I get this but the powder coating is coming off in large chunks, it’s pretty clear it wasn’t prepped correctly.

I had this happen to a set of BBS wheels I refinished for my Golf R, the powdercoater admitted fault, sandblasted and redid the job. They were perfect after that, 3 years later.

Thank you for everyone’s contribution - really excited that there is an easy solution for the noise. Wish I would’ve reached out to 4x4 Labs earlier, I just thought I was being dumb.

Hey guys - I wanted to update the thread to report that 4x4Labs is sending me the metal Z cleats. A+ Service.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom