4x4 labs front fog lights installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mud. Thought I would share with ya’ll my solution for mounting fog lights to my 4x4labs front bumper.

I considered drilling and tapping into the bumper, but I had already done that in the rear bumper in order to install the gas shock on the swing arm. It would’ve been simple enough, but one my buddies accidentally took my drill battery charger with him when he moved to Italy... yeah they are on super lock down lol

So I decided to buy a clamp style mount in order to attach the fogs to the bumper with ease. I bought a wiring harness that had waterproof connectors and a typical 3 pin power switch. I wanted the 3 pin power switch because I already had plans to remove the one it came with, and use the oem style switch.

All in all it took me about an hour or so from start to finish. The fogs are very bright and a cheap solution for your limited visibility needs. The light is pushed forward in every direction with no cutoff. I would not recommend using them on road when there is oncoming traffic and the conditions are fairly clear. You will definitely be blinding other drivers when used in fair conditions.

I hope this helps and gives ya’ll ideas or an easy solution for mounting cheap, cost effective fogs.

1458C106-BA92-473B-AA18-0888F4FD057E.png

DC701E4B-232A-4045-85C5-466CB893E107.png

D3376610-8B16-43A8-B9E1-E82D8B8FC3DD.png

2516E40D-4424-474F-BD6E-DAA2B789186A.png

photos of how it all looks mounted.

AD90178B-3A37-4D0E-9BD1-40C1DA9CCF4C.jpeg

E30E8C6C-89A4-4649-8EB5-229D6480BFAA.jpeg

80EA901C-A0C9-4E63-9192-A427CF6EB594.jpeg

E4D45297-F84D-456A-B87C-724F96CD52DC.jpeg

This is what it looks like if you choose to use the switch it came with for some god awful reason.

81AF4BD7-D30E-41F0-867B-3302FBF71AC5.jpeg

The specs on those lights seem pretty good. 72W per light for an LED that size is high. Curious if they actually pull that amount or not. These cheap Amazon lights do a fine job with modest expectations though. I've still yet to get the nerve to buy a Baja Designs, even after seeing the impressive quality and light output. Also that provided switch is universal and meant for you to drill a hole through your dash, or whatever flat plate you might have.

Oh and I have those exact same light mounts, I've had them ~3 years and have held up great holding my 10" Amazon cheap-o bar.

The specs on those lights seem pretty good. 72W per light for an LED that size is high. Curious if they actually pull that amount or not. These cheap Amazon lights do a fine job with modest expectations though. I've still yet to get the nerve to buy a Baja Designs, even after seeing the impressive quality and light output. Also that provided switch is universal and meant for you to drill a hole through your dash, or whatever flat plate you might have.

Oh and I have those exact same light mounts, I've had them ~3 years and have held up great holding my 10" Amazon cheap-o bar.

I agree completely. I just can’t bring myself to shell out the coin to purchase high end lights. I just feel like the high price does not reflect my expectations and needs.
I know the switch is designed to be drilled and mounted to anyone’s location of choice. I was just demonstrating how it looks mounted in the stock location, and that it actually fits snug and doesn’t move when mounted in that fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom