4x4 labs Bike Rack... anyone actually use one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TossYoda or @gt7058a. it’s been a few years in this thread but I’m curious if you ever finished the bike rack build? I have a kit and am looking for some pictures that will help me figure how it all goes together. Thanks in advance for your help.

@TossYoda or @gt7058a. it’s been a few years in this thread but I’m curious if you ever finished the bike rack build? I have a kit and am looking for some pictures that will help me figure how it all goes together. Thanks in advance for your help.

I bought the tray rack assembled and couldn’t figure out how to keep the bikes hanging safely under their own weight. It’s like the angle on the trays is off. One side let’s the bike hang by the front wheel and the other side doesn’t; the bike rolls out of it and is a pain to fight to secure it. Either I’m missing something in how to use it or the design is bad. I went back to a hitch mounted rack. I can take photos if you need them.

Get a receiver welded to your swingout and mount a hitch bike rack. My ARB has a receiver that goes through the spare and I came up with something make it work. Just used it this morning in fact.

354B8234-F2F7-4376-8C5D-89DC8554784F.jpeg

F5C57135-672A-4D80-99B7-3A6CBDCA7975.jpeg

36378A34-2ACD-48DD-B522-19B75B4A4D9D.jpeg

Get a receiver welded to your swingout and mount a hitch bike rack. My ARB has a receiver that goes through the spare and I came up with something make it work. Just used it this morning in fact.

View attachment 2832455

View attachment 2832454

View attachment 2832456
That’s a slick setup. I really like the one up racks and only need to carry a single bike so I might go that route. Is it only mounted on the one side? Or is it supported on the other side as well? It’s hard to see in the pictures.

That’s a slick setup. I really like the one up racks and only need to carry a single bike so I might go that route. Is it only mounted on the one side? Or is it supported on the other side as well? It’s hard to see in the pictures.
Mine is a roof rack mount that has a T-slot the hitch mounted one does not. This gives me some freedom to mount it wherever I want really. It clamps around a drop hitch and hasn’t given me any issues yet. Lots of gravel, washboard, whoops, rock, water… Admittedly, my first big trip was a little stressful, but thankfully uneventful.

Eventually I’ll run a bar across and mount the rack to it, but the absence of problems has me lazy. Now that I’ve said it out loud, I ought to do it…

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I have a lead on a 80 series that has what I think is a earlier 4x4labs double swingout.
From what I could see in the video chat, it was a 4x4labs rear bumper that did not have a hitchmount in the center like the potentially newer ones do.

I also see on the 4x4labs site that they have this thing:
Bike Rack - https://4x4labs.myshopify.com/products/bike-racks

Does anyone have the one with trays? if so, how do you like it?

how do you like the rear ARB? Just picked up my first 80, was thinking of going that route. I like the mt bike setup.
It’s a solid option that is well engineered. It’s the only option (I think) that has a certified tow rating if that’s of interest. It has more overhang than most, but if you’re not rock crawling it really is of no impact. It’s a fantastic option if you need a step to get to the roof. @jomelo chose it as an easy way to load canoes up top if I’m not mistaken.

Overall, a good piece of kit. I’m a fan, but I think most shy away due to aesthetics. It flows well with the truck’s design in my opinion, but it might not check a YouTuber’s hashtag checkbox or carry seventeen color-coordinated MaxTraxx.

It’s a solid option that is well engineered. It’s the only option (I think) that has a certified tow rating if that’s of interest. It has more overhang than most, but if you’re not rock crawling it really is of no impact. It’s a fantastic option if you need a step to get to the roof. @jomelo chose it as an easy way to load canoes up top if I’m not mistaken.

Overall, a good piece of kit. I’m a fan, but I think most shy away due to aesthetics. It flows well with the truck’s design in my opinion, but it might not check a YouTuber’s hashtag checkbox or carry seventeen color-coordinated MaxTraxx.
ha ha. i actually think it's one of the better looking ones and i'm not choosing kit for followers on the socials. I'd like to keep the stock mudflaps and it looks like the arb is designed to fit into the vehicle design rather than remove parts to make it work. i do wish it had a spot for back up lights though.

59E8BC02-5660-4663-955D-E1B963A237E5.jpeg

North shore+ 4x4 lanbs=no problem. 12”, 20”, 24” whatever. The rack folds down and I can swing out the arms and access the back. Clears 5 gallon cans too. For reference I’m on 315’s a d the 27.5+ bikes clear the spare. I love my NS rack. It’s simple and stout.

ha ha. i actually think it's one of the better looking ones and i'm not choosing kit for followers on the socials. I'd like to keep the stock mudflaps and it looks like the arb is designed to fit into the vehicle design rather than remove parts to make it work. i do wish it had a spot for back up lights though.
There is a reversing light option. ARB # 5700070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom