4x4 even in uwharrie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Setup the suspension yesterday.. cranked in another inch of ride height for more uptravel, and adjusted the dual rate collars to bring in the main rate more quickly, in anticipation of the hard hits we'll be taking. A little romp around the back yard up to 35-40 mph over some rough terrain showed that it should work, but it's gonna be a rough ride.. My rig is gonna hate me for this... as is my neck.

Well, doesn't look too promising. I've decided against competing above the stock class, if I compete at all, due to a beach trip that the Cruiser will have to make that Monday. Is this going to be a repeated event, or a one time only deal?

lol..most likely a one time deal. once the greenies get wind of this event they are gonna scream their heads off.

Uwharrie is in the unique position where there's not a whole lot of stuff they can really bitch about. Yes the sediment might end up in the Uwharrie river, but it's not in it long, and it dumps into lake Tillery...and the 'extra' sediment in a man-made lake isn't hurting the fish, thats for sure.

Uwharrie is in the unique position where there's not a whole lot of stuff they can really bitch about. Yes the sediment might end up in the Uwharrie river, but it's not in it long, and it dumps into lake Tillery...and the 'extra' sediment in a man-made lake isn't hurting the fish, thats for sure.

Oh, they'll take a picture of some buggy throttling up Kodak and kicking a few rocks and talk about erosion... then one of a rig that broke, puking fluids into the dirt.. To top it off, a photo of a rig that hits a tree and the bark it stripped off it...
We almost went into a tree at a decent speed on Saturday while pre-running, after taking a bad bounce and getting sent off-trail... :eek:

Hey, anyone know what all trails are being run ? Thought about bringing my cruiser up there just to ride around on a few trails but if all are going to be used for this then i will just bring the bike.

Thanks Rich. Where are you going to be camping at up there ? I am at Badin lake lower myself.

I got in at the 'racer's camp' - Group camp - the organizer offered all racers free camping. We'll be pulling in Saturday morning, racing, and then heading back to setup camp.

My tow rig is a plain looking red Chevy 3/4 ton with a thin red line front plate and soft tonneau.

I have been thinking about bringing the 60 up there to play a little bit on the easy trails. Throw the Swampers under it for the weekend. Never wheeled it yet in any woods, just a beach cruiser so far.

Looks like my LC won't be out there... It has rained every friggen sunday and that is the only day I have to work on it. Brakes aren't going to get fixed by the time of this. Looks like i'll be rockin my wife's matrix out there. Are all camp sites easily accessable by regular cars?? I need to reserve mine soon.

All camp sites are acc by car. I will not have my buggy there ( 60 ) , just the dirt bike to follow people.

All camp sites are acc by car. I will not have my buggy there ( 60 ) , just the dirt bike to follow people.

Just wanted to throw this out there, there will be NO other traffic on the race course, you mentioned following people is why I mentioned this. :)

Personally I will be there on Friday, about lunch time, setting up my camper over at Arrowhead and then taking the 80 over and parking near the start of the race so we are close to the bathroom area (wife is coming)

Probably will split our time at the course and back over at Uwharrie Stables watching the rock pile / mud bog pit / then catching the bands later in the evenings.

Just wanted to throw this out there, there will be NO other traffic on the race course, you mentioned following people is why I mentioned this. :)

Personally I will be there on Friday, about lunch time, setting up my camper over at Arrowhead and then taking the 80 over and parking near the start of the race so we are close to the bathroom area (wife is coming)

Probably will split our time at the course and back over at Uwharrie Stables watching the rock pile / mud bog pit / then catching the bands later in the evenings.

Did not mean literally follow people , just using it to get to different places on the course during the day.

Stables is where they are having the pit / pile ? Going to have to check that out also.

If ya see a red Dodge dually with a topper on it , it will be me.

no alcohol in the NF.....fires are fine, $75.00....and you lose your booze

As we watch the campground host walk around with booze in a dixxe cup.

No kidding either.

Good to hear fires are good right now though, just got done loading up some of my wood in my trailer.

no alcohol in the NF.....fires are fine, $75.00....and you lose your booze

The stables aren't on federal land... hell, they have a budweiser trailer lined up.. ;p

They tend to write one ticket for the "group" and then leave you alone the rest of the night. Don't ask how I know....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom