4x4 even in uwharrie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
It's tempting to enter, seeing as i know the trails like the back of my mind. Can't decide which class, modified stock and go for the gold, or modified and just try to be competitive...either way I need to get gears, beef up my front axle, and snaggle a bumper up....hopefully lock the front too.

I have got a space reserved at Arrowhead already, I am thinking I will pull the camper down and hang out for part of the weekend. Not competing, just going to watch the carnage!! :)

Sam

yeah ill be going also just to watch...... truck needs relay and drag link replace with new ends

alky whats wrong with ur front axle?

Don't trust it with the 38's and a bunch of skinny pedal, and there's nothing to be done for the rear, and the rear takes no time to change out thanks to the inspection cover SF 80s have.

I'm entered in D class.

I know I don't stand much chance of a win unless there's some catastrophic failure on a few other rigs, but I think I stand a decent chance of taking home a little cash.. :)

I'm thinking I should go B class and shoot for gold, I think it's fairly probable if I go home and practice some before hand.

I will be there camping. I got a buddy of mine in it on the extreme side. See ya'll there.

Don't trust it with the 38's and a bunch of skinny pedal, and there's nothing to be done for the rear, and the rear takes no time to change out thanks to the inspection cover SF 80s have.

same reason i'm not going to enter... too scared of something braking since i will have just fixed a bunch of things at that time. Since it's a timed event there is more chance of breakage. But i'm going to get some people together to go watch and camp. :hmm:

I'm entered in D class.

I know I don't stand much chance of a win unless there's some catastrophic failure on a few other rigs, but I think I stand a decent chance of taking home a little cash.. :)

I saw your rig at the raleigh 4wp grand opening... awesome lc. I'll post up the pics I took there when I buy a new card reader tomorrow.

The event will be brutal on the rigs for sure. My prediction is that you're going to see lots of steering failures and knuckles ripped off in the lower classes, as well as broken leaf center pins and bent / folded links, if they drive it like they are in it to win.

I've got my bets on who will take A and B class... they're going to be tough to beat. (and no, I'm not telling) C class will likely be a close one (and fun to watch), and whomever wins D class will probably do so by a comfortable margin.. Just my predictions...

My main concern with the event as a whole is that not enough time is being allotted / factored in to get the broke junk off the trail in time to let the next person onto the course.

Personally, my biggest weak link is the steering pump and transmission. If either crap out, I'm done. I'm not terribly concerned about anything else, really. *knocking on wood* :) I'll also probably raise my ride height up another inch or so to get more uptravel, since it bottomed kinda hard last time I caught a little air. My CoG is damn low, so I'm not too worried about losing stability.

Anyone got an ARB with a winch they'd let me borrow for the competition?

I have a large ARB and a large WARN sticker you can borrow! :D

Tough loss for the Hokies tonight! I sent Coach Greenie a Thank You via email and offered him a Wild Turkey at the Spring game! ;)

Yea, we couldn't sink a shot for nothing and they were draining everything.

I'm all but set on doing it, just gotta see how i feel with the truck on 35s as it sits, I hope I can mangle up some money to do atleast a bumper or chromo or gears...

I could possibly lend you my bumper .... but my truck is parked at lake norman right now waiting some "more" work on the brakes (when I find the time). Not an arb though
l_0ef7cc21d87f7dc1108e30015c6a6b11.jpg

l_a9b93fc9799ed8a5b6c26613a90a471f.jpg

Anyone got an ARB with a winch they'd let me borrow for the competition?

Though a winch isn't a bad thing, I don't think it's gonna help you, and I'd do without the extra 100lbs on the front end. A stout bumper probably wouldn't hurt though, just in case you end up in a direction you didn't intend to be in ;)

Yea, we couldn't sink a shot for nothing and they were draining everything.

The sheer bulk of the bad guys kept the good guys blocked out and they got out rebounded big time! Good to see the crowd stay until the end! I hope the students take to the bball team ike they have with the fball the past 10 yrs!

Thinking ARB for that stout bumper thing, thinking winch for when I break and need to get my broke junk out of the way.

If you're serious about lending it to me, I might take you up on the offer, need something to keep the front end from getting trashed.

I'm hoping that I can just haul ass between obstacles and take my time on the hard stuff....are they gonna map out the route before hand or is it a show up blind kind of deal?

if ya really want it i wouldnt be too against lending it out. if it gets an 80 in the event that'd be good. ill put of painting it black like i was planning untill after the event though

Well if you're there day of the event and I realize I need it...I may break out the wrenches and do it there (or welder if need be). Hopefully I can fab something up before then though, and not loose too much clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom