4x4 day April 4 REDUX MAY 30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
April 4th falls on a saturday this year wooohoo I plan to get on the dirt.
If you cannot get away for a whole day to @alia176 's fun weekend down south, this may be an option to celebrate differently.
Possibly Gordy's, possibly Magdalena/Water Canyon before it gets to be a furnace down that way
Or Puerco but I'm maybe kinda already done with Puerco for a while
As the '94 pickup is somewhat questionable right now, I'll probably be towing in the 4Runner.
If Gordy's, terrain will not be conducive to stock (unlocked) vehicles.
If magdalena, don't go unless you approve of scratches. Last year the overgrowth was thick
I am open to other day trip destination suggestions that require low range
Please post your interest

Magdalena

IMG_4501.JPG

Gordy's Hill
IMG_3979.JPG

Gordy's is possible for stock rigs with some alternate/optional routes. I'm potentially interested either way.

Gordy's does have moderate trails, but a mild lift, and a locker is good to have. Hard trails need 35's and at least one locker. I am interested, in Gordy's or Magdalena would be great, as I have not wheeled a lot down there. That picture is very nice. I am a maybe right now. Thanks for posting a day ride.

I may be able to go also Grant, I have never wheeled down there and it seems like it would be fun.

I may be interested as well depending on which trail is decided. I’ll most likely have the boy that day, and his patience for getting tossed back in forth in his car seat is thin.

We'll see how things shake out by this time next week. Based on the vehicles, I'm thinking Magdalena with a possible run over to gordy's on the return
@vegasfj40 Gordy's is southeast'ish of Lemitar
I agree with the order to keep distance and not to congregate, so we'll address that by not grouping up the vehicles and spreading out a lot for lunch

This was a picture from seven years ago at Godry's when we came to this waterfall and Isabelle shouted out "daddy, we're gonna need bigger tires"!!!

1585236048729.png

This was a picture from seven years ago at Godry's when we came to this waterfall and Isabelle shouted out "daddy, we're gonna need bigger tires"!!!

View attachment 2249651
I have only seen one guy get up that without using a winch and it was easier back then. He had a Toyota buggy on at least 40 inch tires. He lived out in Edgewood.
It was a 4 seater, and maybe he had the wheel base just right. Getting to the base is a fun for smaller tires.

We'll see how things shake out by this time next week. Based on the vehicles, I'm thinking Magdalena with a possible run over to gordy's on the return
@vegasfj40 Gordy's is southeast'ish of Lemitar
I agree with the order to keep distance and not to congregate, so we'll address that by not grouping up the vehicles and spreading out a lot for lunch

Is this run still being considered? If my van can handle the trail, I’m in.

But on further reflection after rereading the thread, maybe not.

Last edited:
I hate to do this as it’s prolly gonna be a while before things like this can happen again. I am canceling this as I believe it is contrary to the spirit of what we should be doing as a society.
I feel a responsibility to not add to the problem.

I hate to do this as it’s prolly gonna be a while before things like this can happen again. I am canceling this as I believe it is contrary to the spirit of what we should be doing as a society.
I feel a responsibility to not add to the problem.
I don't pay too much attention to politicians, but I listen when 1000's of Doctors and Nurses tell me to social distance and hang out around the house. If I get out , it will be on my own for a while, until this gets safer.

Ok, trying this again.... Im gonna head to Magdalena Saturday 5/30
Its gonna be filthy hot so like to do this somewhat early
Meet 9:00 AM around magdalena, location TBD
I'll be in the 4Runner but have done this road several times in my 94 pickup on 33's and one locker.
I assume brush will be heavy so if you are concerned about scratches don't go
Im one of those immune compromised people so I take this pandemic stuff very serious. I'd like to keep this small or break into staggered vehicle groups if there are more that 3 or 4 vehicles.
Interest?
Gordy's is not an option for me right now

Can't make this one, but should be a good trail ride. I was with a few folks up on Mt Withington last sat. Great area over there to explore. Have a good time.

You may see a big NM4W group meeting at Lemitar Truck Stop on Sat. They are doing easy roads in Gordy's area.

Can't make this one, but should be a good trail ride. I was with a few folks up on Mt Withington last sat. Great area over there to explore. Have a good time.

You may see a big NM4W group meeting at Lemitar Truck Stop on Sat. They are doing easy roads in Gordy's area.
Thanks! Glad I didn't opt for Gordys

9AM Water Canyon Road at FS505. If you are going, please text me by 8AM so I know to wait. If I'm solo I may change plans
forto5-314-15o1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom