4wd weather arrives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aspen, Colorado -- where the beer flows like wine.
Hi today from Aspen. If you live in more moderate climes, this is what it’s like today at 8000 feet in the Rockies.

F4AB18A2-6895-412F-AA86-C01BAAF7DD6B.jpeg

Complete opposite at 3 ft on my rock in the ocean.
7C768C84-2AFE-41A0-A69E-3256E7462956.jpeg

You guys are killing me...

Need to make up for last winter with an early start...

Did you go to The Meeting last weekend?

I’d gladly give up any day at the beach to be in the mountains wheeling in the snow to a remote cabin. Get a fire blazing in the wood stove. Not a sound outside but the crunch of snow under your feet. Put skins on my AT skis and assend a nice ridge line. Strip off the skins and lock in my bindings and hit up some powder bowls. Now that’s what I’m talking about.

Not sure I know what The Meeting was. Rising Sun?

HoiPolloi of ski movies had their annual 'oscars' @ the Wheeler Opera house.

Love winter! Bring it. Snow wheeling, snowmobiling, ice fishing, spearing, and.......lotsa beer by a fire.

Ah yes. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. A little place called Aspen.
“Geez look at the buns on that...”
“ Ya... he must work out” :rofl:

Ah yes. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. A little place called Aspen.

yeaah man, Aspen California!

I'm not a fan of snow. Here they put mag chloride and a salt mix on the roads here in Colorado. So my cruiser just sits until the roads are totally clear.
Same here in CT. Fingers crossed winter precipitation holds off like it has been the last number of years. No snow till January at most. Right now the leaves are changing color and hiking is the best, no bugs and fresh mushrooms are plentiful! My 5 year old spotted his first Maitake (hen of the woods) the other day. And days before a friend and I loaded up the truck w/ 4 plus some chicken of the woods and a bunch of birch polypore.

7DF6C783-FD86-4A3C-9F36-37EAC349D825.jpeg

D3E7CAB7-47D4-4646-BDD0-FE3C0EDCF3A6.jpeg

Same here in CT. Fingers crossed winter precipitation holds off like it has been the last number of years. No snow till January at most. Right now the leaves are changing color and hiking is the best, no bugs and fresh mushrooms are plentiful! My 5 year old spotted his first Maitake (hen of the woods) the other day. And days before a friend and I loaded up the truck w/ 4 plus some chicken of the woods and a bunch of birch polypore.

View attachment 1809790

View attachment 1809794
Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom