4wd Toyota Owners Mag - "Wagon...less desired"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
Are we going to stand for this? :D

I agree with Ige that the 45 short bed is probably more rare than the 45lv (45v) wagons but..."less desired"?

www.root45.com

I think David and Toyota need to give the 45 wagon some credit in the history of the 55, 60, 62, 80, 100 series wagons. ;)
toyotaowner.jpg

:flipoff2: Everyone knows the 25 has the highest cool factor anyhow. :D

I desire a 45LV ..................... but I'm not willing to take one on. ;)

Well you can buy parts to make a "clone" 45 pu.Not a blacksmith and welder you need for wagon repair.

I was talking to Zartman the other day...

now I know he's a PUNK! I wonder if he's even seen one in person? I've only seen 2 in person and I own them... so rare yes. He needs to go to landpimps place or come over here to appreciate it before he states less desireable. "wink"

That's going to fuel a fire

Mikesta said:
I was talking to Zartman the other day...

now I know he's a PUNK! I wonder if he's even seen one in person? I've only seen 2 in person and I own them... so rare yes. He needs to go to landpimps place or come over here to appreciate it before he states less desireable. "wink"

Well, maybe in my mis-spent youth!
arrested.jpg

so...the punk is on the right? :D

David, why is the wagon less desired in your opinion? They share the same drive train as the other Cruisers, the frame is identical to the short wheelbase pickup, and with help from the Cruiser community, we have a lot of the unobtanium parts being reproduced.

Last edited:
First of all, treeroot, good LORD you have a lot of Cruisers!!!!! NICE!

Looking back, it wasn't the best choice of words. What I was trying to convey was that, generally, the SWB truck is the 45 everyone _seems_ to lust for, followedby the LWB. The wagon is almost a forgotten stepchild behind the pickup 45s. But you are totally right, it is by no means "less desirable" than the others. I think it's just less visible to the public eye. Heck, I probaly butchered this explanantion too. I love the 45 dammit! :D

Dave

This is my theory... only a theory.

The LV's will be sought after once some critical parts are made... like floors... and floors.

AND...

You see a few driving around.

Many Cruiser guys dont even know what they are, let alone desire them. They are rare.

Matt with his skills is making a dream custom LV that once finished will spark some serious interest as well.

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine said:
Looking back, it wasn't the best choice of words. What I was trying to convey was that, generally, the SWB truck is the 45 everyone _seems_ to lust for, followedby the LWB. The wagon is almost a forgotten stepchild behind the pickup 45s. But you are totally right, it is by no means "less desirable" than the others. I think it's just less visible to the public eye. Heck, I probaly butchered this explanantion too. I love the 45 dammit! :D

Dave
personally, i'd rather have long wheelbase...more useful, hate the look of the shorty bed, nothing special about the look of the tailgate either...i just happened to score a sweet deal on my shorty. but those lv owners....they're just a bit off, if you know what i mean ;)

While a 45 wagon would be cool, the idea of any vehicle which generally has 2X the roof rust of even an FJ55 wagon is just scary. Blacksmith and fab shop, indeed!

So, I've concluded that Toyota has three special departments - the department of 'advanced roof rust promotion', the department of 'vibrate-y rear view mirrors' and the department of 'dim dome lights'. Those departments all worked overtime in the 1960s...

This is kinda like debating on sex with a blonde, brunette or redhead.......to most red blooded males........

4WD Toyota Owner Magazine said:
The wagon is almost a forgotten stepchild behind the pickup 45s.

somebody once told me:"when you're in a hole, stop digging!" i believe this to be true for this situation.

i have all the different issues of your mag up to now. i wheeled duzy-ershim with you guys and was glad to have met you. BUT, i would highly recommend having somebody in our small comunity but outside of your organization doing some proof reading and evaluating of your mag before you go to print. statements like the "wagons are less desirable" and the numerous mistakes as to who's vehicle or who might be captured in a pic are'nt doing you any favors. please consider this constructive critizism, not a personal attack.

i'll keep supporting the mag cause i'd like to see you guys do well.

steveh-

45 wagons tend to have superior roofs to 55's. Of the 23 I have had, only 2 had rust compromised roofs and both were east coast wonders. A buddy in Long Beach had a bad roof (but all else good) and he has since grafted a new roof on (courtesy yours truly).

dim dome light, check as it's the same as a fj55.

rick's absolutely correct. of the 7 LVs i've had, only one had a rust issue in the roof above the gutter and it was repaired. 55s are way worse when it comes to rust (roof, rear quaters, front fenders, rear fenders,) although the LVs do have some rust issues when it comes to the floors caused by lack of drainage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom