4wd test- Large (stock) SUV comparison video w/ great commentary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stumbled on this. When you have a 1/2 an hour give it a watch. Found the non-rushed explanations of the systems through each obstacle super informative.

Interested in feedback from the knowledgeable off roaders here on Mud.

That was a GREAT comparison.

What stands out is the dramatic wheel travel innate in the 200-series suspension.

Interestingly, they never let the LX570 AHC down into normal height, even in the second pass where they turn off some aids. In articulation situations like this where clearance isn't necessarily a problem, AHC H can reduce articulation - full suspension compression, to a degree as it prioritized height and clearance. Normal would have benefitted it.

Thanks for sharing!!

The Offroad mode on the GLS was amazing! Fun video to watch, also showing how much more advanced other traction control systems are compared to the LCs

The Offroad mode on the GLS was amazing! Fun video to watch, also showing how much more advanced other traction control systems are compared to the LCs
Imagine if the LC had the MB system with the LC articulation.

Great point. I was impressed with what the GLS was capable of even with poor articulation.

The Range Rover showed great promise when mixing good physical articulation with electronic control finesse. Too bad as we all know Range Rovers can't go the distance with durability.

Let's see what the 300-series brings. We may get to see some elements of TNGA-F platform soon being announced with the new Tundra.

Let’s not skip over how dominating the Gwagon is riding on high speed performance tires. Worst freaking tires to put on a Gwagon but as we all know, it sits in valet for most of its life and my wife’s friend curb rashes the wheels every chance she can get 🤪

Let’s not skip over how dominating the Gwagon is riding on high speed performance tires. Worst freaking tires to put on a Gwagon but as we all know, it sits in valet for most of its life and my wife’s friend curb rashes the wheels every chance she can get 🤪
Didn't watch, but I assume the g wagon had all of its lockers engaged?

Imagine if the LC had triple lockers as they did on the 80 series, G wagen would have noting on it.
Adding more to my comment , G wagen has a harsh ride, horrid road manners compare to an LC
As for the RR, my wife's been driving 3 generations of them for 24 years, if our current P525 was equipped with 19" wheels instead of the 22" and they build them to last it would be the ultimate off roader.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that. This is the LC/LX party trick:

5530AFD3-A667-48E9-8D72-F3854B3F51C0.png

B214C7D2-CB1A-4B48-8017-FC6185EF70FE.png

Being able to stuff a wheel and sit a 7000lb SUV on its rocker panels. Incredible.

Didn't watch, but I assume the g wagon had all of its lockers engaged?

It did.

But on another run it practically didn't need it and still outperformed much of the competition. No switching, no nothing, just regular highway mode and it walked up the hill like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom