4WD options on Global model on '79 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The electric schematic I have for non-USA & Canada models shows the switches and several parts for electro/vacuum engaging system as optional. Anyone know what the means of engaging is without them? My front won't engage but there are no switches or other parts that look as though they belong to such a system. What do you know about that? Google is no showing me what I need to understand.

If you have a vacuum diaphragm on the front output section of the transfer case I would follow the hoses (vacuum lines). Those should go to the switch that takes a electric signal from a dash switch and switches the vacuum to the hoses going to the transfer case which is what switches between 2WD and 4WD. In the US on the early FJ40s instead of electric it used a cable from the dash. Pictures of the firewall and dash would be helpful.

Cool. I have something to look for, signs of a spot for vacuum hoses on the transfer case. When I tore the car down, this was on the passenger when I tore the car down, connected to nothing.
IMG_20180313_181041.jpg

One thing I neglected to mention is that many of the parts for this year of vehicle are just no more. If the parts to make the vacuum system work are not available, what are my options? I don't have a lot of experience beyond the transmission. :eek:)

One thing I neglected to mention is that many of the parts for this year of vehicle are just no more. If the parts to make the vacuum system work are not available, what are my options? I don't have a lot of experience beyond the transmission. :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom