4WD Emblem has 2 posts but I have 1 hole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogcruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Is the title NSFW? I bought a new OEM 4WD badge to go where mine is missing. The badge has two posts and imagine my surprise when I looked at the truck to find just one hole! There’s no evidence of a second hole ever existing that I can tell. It was repainted by the PO so maybe they did a good job of covering the 2nd hole. But judging by the quality of the paint job there’s no way that’s possible.

Should my rear have 2 holes? Asking for a friend.

221C4E37-39CE-4EC9-BE1C-77DCF0A1A9FD.jpeg

CD11A2E5-0757-45FF-B646-CF05A3D86129.jpeg

I think it should be two. If you want to be sure take the cover off the tail gate and look at the inside face of the gate skin.

2F529DE6-FA4A-480C-BB70-DBEBDC211A58.png

I think it should be two. If you want to be sure take the cover off the tail gate and look at the inside face of the gate skin.
Yeah, good thinking. I'll probably have to do that and carve the hole out from the inside. I can't see any sign of a dimple or anything on the outside
Thanks!

Any chance that someone put body filler or a repair patch in there?

There is a tool that creates holes, called a drill. :p

Also I see you're in Winter Park, holler if you need anything. The shop is on Aloma/Forsyth

I’d take a look at the inside of the tailgate first to make sure it’s normal looking stock steel and not some weird repair. If it’s metal then drill away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom