Wanted 4wd cable for 58-67 vacuum t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I broke my cable off inside the vacuum switch. Anybody converted to floor shift and have the cable laying around?

Specter part #072-05A

Thanks,
Eric

I've got one of these. Does the cable come off the switch?

Never took one apart before so I'm not sure.

I'm located in Northern California.

Last edited:
miker said:
I've got one of these. Does the cable come off the switch?

Never took one apart before so I'm not sure.

I'm located in Northern California.

I hadn't thought that far ahead... Specter sells the cable separately, but it's an aftermarket, cut-to-fit deal. So I assume you can back that nut off and disco the cable somehow. I haven't pulled mine apart to see how it goes since I broke it.

How much to throw it in the mail? Paypal ok?

Eric

I could be wrong but that looks like a 68 thru 72 vacuum swtch. The knob on the early ones unscrewed.

John

Living in the Past said:
I could be wrong but that looks like a 68 thru 72 vacuum swtch. The knob on the early ones unscrewed.

John

Probably can't tell from the crappy picture but the knob on this one unscrews.

The other way that you can tell that is NOT the right cable is that miker's system is set up for the vacuum tubes that screw into the control box, wheras the early ones had nipples on the control box that hoses slipped over.

e rock, you need to also keep in mind that even on the early year models, there were two different length cables, depending on whether the rig was originally equipped with a heater or not.

;)

e rock, after reading 65swb45's reply, let me know if you still want this thing or want any measurements etc. I took it off of a '76 that the PO rigged up so I can't tell you for sure what year this one was from.

miker said:
e rock, after reading 65swb45's reply, let me know if you still want this thing or want any measurements etc. I took it off of a '76 that the PO rigged up so I can't tell you for sure what year this one was from.

Well, I just checked and I do have the 'nipple' style. From what I can gather, that doesn't necessarily preclude the cable from working. Let me see what I can come up with for a length and we'll see if it'll still work.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom