4th Annual Oil Country Cruiser Rubythaw Mar. 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like Im in guys. Will be leaving Edson area mid afternoon Thursday, driving home, and heading down from there. A bit of driving but well worth it.
Tyler, do I need to fire the cash your way or just give the lodge a call direct?

Sunday night? I was driving home Sunday morning.

So I have some questions about next week:

Please consider the following first timer with this type of trip and going to nordegg, and also a bit foreign so...

1) Gas Needs-> Where do you guys usually fill your jerry cans? Is 100 litres enough for the needs of the weekend or will I need more (or less)?
is it illegal to take jerry cans INSIDE the car (trunk) in Canada. I've run into issues elsewhere with this.

2) The way I have my week scheduled, I'll be arriving to nordegg at 9 pm on Thursday, is this going to be an issue, should I look at revising my thursday- slim chance but possible. more importantly, will someone still be at the bar if I and my Copilot (hahah) get there at 9 pm.

3) sway bar bushing started making a slight rattle when going over bumps, fix it before or after?

3) I'm taking what I think I need including rubber boots, a gas stove for trail side espresso, some water as I drink a lot of water, some friendly snacks, additional beer, rum and perhaps crown supply, and extra pairs of underwear... judging by the recent weather patterns, am I missing something crucial?

4) What's the interest on trail side coffee, should I take a big espresso maker or small?

More so concerned about the fuel and explosive fine, I had to deal with bribing national guards at checkstops for this.

Sounds like you are good to go. Everything there is within standard parameters, I hope I can stick to you're itinerary. It's sounds way more organized than mine.:beer:

I've carried cans of gas inside my 62 almost every time I've wheeled or done a long highway trip in the last 10 years. Never been an issue for me. I assume your cans are non-venting military type?

I've carried cans of gas inside my 62 almost every time I've wheeled or done a long highway trip in the last 10 years. Never been an issue for me. I assume your cans are non-venting military type?

not sure what my cans are, but they are not fancy military ones, they're traded from my friend after he sold his boat type. :)

are those ok?

Last edited:
You're going to be fine!! Quit stressing! Don't fill your jerries until you get to Nordegg, I imagine most of us will top up when we leave in the morning. Other than the potential stink, no issues with jerries in the truck, I doubt very much we will see any authorities...unless we do something really dumb!
Don't worry about your bushing either, it will be fine.

Anyone need anything hauled across the prairies? I understand there may be a military trailer destined for Moose Jaw?

Starting to get excited :) Hey diddle diddle, right down the middle!!

You're going to be fine!! Quit stressing! Don't fill your jerries until you get to Nordegg, I imagine most of us will top up when we leave in the morning. Other than the potential stink, no issues with jerries in the truck, I doubt very much we will see any authorities...unless we do something really dumb!
Don't worry about your bushing either, it will be fine.

^ this is all the info and pep talk I needed, see you thursday!

Decoco, I am a baby compared to the 'senior' guys out here too. Im usually in the bush on 2 wheels not 4, and because I work too much my truck is never ready to go come trip time. All is good and its a great crew, I cant wait to FINALLY get out again.

Hi Everyone, I couldn't find a baby sitter for Friday evening so I am going to end up having to drive up early Saturday morning. What time is everyone planning on Heading out Saturday morning wheeling. Also wanted to make sure I had a shotgun seat with someone, thanks

Ibex

I'm not bringing anyone along, so there is is at least one passenger seat option for you.

Hi Everyone, I couldn't find a baby sitter for Friday evening so I am going to end up having to drive up early Saturday morning. What time is everyone planning on Heading out Saturday morning wheeling. Also wanted to make sure I had a shotgun seat with someone, thanks

Ibex

My rear seat is available; and I want to know what this thing of 70s fying an 80s is all about.

I have a shotgun seat as well. Are you not bringing a rig Ibex?

We are aiming for the lodge between 8 and 9pm tomorrow night. I'll have all the room keys so give me a text or call when you arrive 780 838 818niner

I'm planning to meet PAul and or Dean and Or any other convoy person at Dean's farm. Hoping to be there for 5-530 tomorrow.

For gear bring your recovery stuff warm clothes and social beverages. I'd expect i nthe evenings we'll chill in someone room and trade war stories.

Raffle will be Saturday night

Bring Cash for raffle tickets..... like lots of cash.... like thousands.... :)

I am hoping to hit the road from the south side around 5:30 tomorrow as well. Might see you guys on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom