4th Annual Oil Country Cruiser Rubythaw Mar. 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Threads
What: A trip to western central Alberta for a weekend of wheeling, fishing, friends and a raffle. We’ll be spending time on the eastern slopes of the Alberta Rocky Mountains and spending 1 day snow wheeling to the popular Ruby Lake, and one day trying our dismal fishing technique on the local lakes surrounding Nordegg Alberta.
991960-a484d27d9ae86b03e626c9906eac3652.jpg

When: March 10th evening through 13th morning. The tentative plan is as follows:

March 10th: Make your way to Nordegg Alberta and meet at the Nordegg Lodge (Nordegg Resort Lodge - Nordegg Alberta Canada)

We’ll meet for beers and snacks in the pub nearby

March 11th:

Breakfast at 8am

Depart 9am for Cardinal River road and Ruby Lake Trail

Trail Side lunch

991961-ac82803286e69d28b8bc6917a4a4c4ca.jpg

Return to Lodge for supper 6pm or later

March 12th:

Breakfast 8am

Depart 9am for nearby lake ice fishing

On lake lunch and afternoon Raffle

Return to Lodge for Supper 6pm or later

March 13th:

Depart for our home lands.

Where: The trip will be centered around Nordegg Alberta with jaunts off into the wilderness each day for some trail time or pail time ice fishing the local lakes. Nordegg is almost exactly 300km away from both Edmonton and Calgary via highway 2 through red deer. This makes it an easy drive out and home for the event if you’re anywhere near central Alberta.

Cost: Registration will be $200 per person required to be paid by February 15th. Availability is limited so make a plan fast. Payment can be sent to Oilcountrycruisers@gmail.com or can be arranged by contacting that same email address otherwise.

Included with each registration is:

· 3 nights accommodation at Nordegg Lodge in a shared room shared with one other person. Each room has 2 beds and a bathroom.

· Breakfast both Friday and Saturday morning before hitting the trail

· Trail side lunches (smokies and other simple fair)

· Dinner Friday and Saturday night after returning home to the lodge. (alcoholic drinks available but not included)

· And Oil Country Cruiser Club Sticker

· 1 raffle ticket

What should you bring:

· A reliable 4x4 toyota vehicle

· Tire chains and other winter specific equipment if you have it

· Warm weather gear and an emergency kit should the worst happen

· Fuel capacity to drive 200km and wheel for 6 hours

· Ice fishing gear… we don’t all need augers but a rod and tackle is a good start

· A valid 2016 ice fishing license

· Trail snacks if you have specific dietary requirements.

· A great attitude and a friend to share the room with (we can pair up people too so come anyways)

I would be very interested in this, I'm a new guy all around. So to fishing, ice fishing and cruisering, but enthusiastic.

AND my 6 week abstinence from drinking will be done by then, i'm 4 days in.

Last edited:
I'm in, Chains, chainsaws and the like. Might need someone to haul some fuel for me...

In. :)

Payment sent.

That's awesome all that sound like they can make it. I'd appreciate for record keeping if you could send a quick note to the email listed above. I'll get to booking accommodations this week and will REQUIRE payment by the 15th.

So far 5 payed registrants and another 5 or 6 interested so far.

Paid for two.

If enough other ladies are coming I may be able to convince my wife to come too (since we have such luxurious accommodations) otherwise I will see if my brother can make it.

Well the Hotel Rooms are booked and arrangements made for meals too. Shaping up to be a decent crowd already too...

So far:
Tyler Arnott1t
Charla Ratpuke
Dean Bambino840 +1
Paul Potlatch4805 +1
Larry Hofflarr +1
Bryan Thrillbillie
Peter Behemoth60 +1
Marc Ritchie
Curtis Rocdoc
Alyie +1
Tom +1
Decoco +0.5

Interested is:
Pheonix60

hiluxjeremy

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I think my wife and the boys are in. Is it ok for the young guys? If not maybe just me and will need to find a bunk partner, I do snore but very, very quietly.

Ibex

See my recent post in the classifieds for my HDJ81 if anyone is interested, sorry couldn't help myself

Hey Guys,

I think my wife and the boys are in. Is it ok for the young guys? If not maybe just me and will need to find a bunk partner, I do snore but very, very quietly.

Ibex

See my recent post in the classifieds for my HDJ81 if anyone is interested, sorry couldn't help myself

I bet we can make that work. Put a link to your ad for your 81 in your sig line ;)

Interested but need to get some work done on the truck first. Unfortunately that is the kicker as time in town is not all that common. If I get caught up by the 15th I will jump in. If not, well thats that I guess.

What's left on your truck?

What's the body count on this? How does the room situation look? I wanna see if my boy will come. (Brooding teen)

Ya we have lots of room. Bring whomever.

We have 14 confirmed and 6 or so more interested

17 committed now.

Still lots of room. I'll just need to add more rooms is all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom