4th annual North Georgia fall camp & ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
This years fall event will take place October17th -21st. Come join us for a day, 2, or all 5. Cruisers only, everyone else is welcome too.

In the beautiful mountains of North Georgia we have great campgrounds, beautiful mountains, scenic vistas, and some incredible off road trails. It’s no rubicon but trails like Trey Mountain are pretty extreme. And as always there will be great food and drinks at camp and along the way.

This year we are going to spend some time on the mid-west portion of the Georgia traverse.

Wednesday October at 4PM is the official beginning. We will meet and setup camp at
Jacks river fields campground.

48.4"N 84°31'W, 3451 AR-12, Epworth, GA 30541

Thursday 10/18
Early breakfast/snack leave camp at 8.
Off road trails all day, river crossings.
Eat lunch / snack on trail
Evening dinner in Blue Ridge.
Head to camp at Jacks River fields
Night ride at 8PM for anyone interested.

Friday 10/19
Early breakfast at camp. Leave at 8.
Off road trails, bring snacks and a drink.
Late Lunch at a TBD restaurant.
Big Dinner at camp will have a list and would be great if you could bring 1 or 2 items.

Saturday

Sunday
Take down camp
Eat & pack up.
Leave by 9am
Trail rides until 2PM
Lumch at restaurant
Until next spring...

Last edited:
Message here if interested.

Last edited:
I am interested in this for the weekend or day trip only. Is that possible?

I'll have a mostly stock 100 series. 2" lift, 34" tires and ATRAC. Would I be slowing anyone down?

I'm going!

I am interested in this for the weekend or day trip only. Is that possible?

I'll have a mostly stock 100 series. 2" lift, 34" tires and ATRAC. Would I be slowing anyone down?

Yes, that's possible; and no, I don't think you'd be slowing anyone down. Slowing everyone down is my job anyway. :flipoff2:

Ignore this post.

Last edited:
Hey I am new to this. What do u normally bring with you? Tent and what else. I dont want to show up without knowing what to bring. But I would like to do this as well.

how many people gonna show up?

Looks like the camp ground had a restroom facility. So I'd probably just pack semi-primitive. Toiletries, water, tent, bag, etc. One great thing about truck camping vs back packing is that you can bring almost what ever you want!

What about community items like fire wood, group food, etc? I'd be happy to contribute what ever I could.

It would be cool to have another local guy up there.

Hey I am new to this. What do u normally bring with you? Tent and what else. I dont want to show up without knowing what to bring. But I would like to do this as well.

how many people gonna show up?

Looks like the camp ground had a restroom facility. So I'd probably just pack semi-primitive. Toiletries, water, tent, bag, etc. One great thing about truck camping vs back packing is that you can bring almost what ever you want!

What about community items like fire wood, group food, etc? I'd be happy to contribute what ever I could.

It would be cool to have another local guy up there.

Here's the link to the campground: Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests - Jacks River Fields Campground
There are only seven sites; it would be cool if we had enough people to fill them all. Vault toilet; no water.

This will be our 4th fall camp/ride; we've also had four winter camp/rides and one summer camp/ride. This past June's camp/ride was the first one is which we rode and camped in a different place every night. The procedure on all of the other trips has been to set up camp, ride and then return to the same place every night.

There's been some discussion, but no final decision, by the event disorganizers [musthave, me, and Robbie (don't think he's on MUD)] as to whether we're staying in one place or moving around. There are a few other campgrounds on the loop, so we could move if the group wanted to. Or, if there are trails aplenty where we are, we could stay put.

Firewood - yes, bring it! I've just about given up on the idea of finding any around the campsite, and picking it up at a local store can be hit or miss depending on the time of the year.

Food - here's how a typical day on past events has gone: Everyone is on their own for b/fast at camp; we head out to ride the trails with snacks & drinks to share for lunch in the woods; that evening we roll into a nearby town for dinner, gas, and any needed resupply at Walmart; back to camp for general reverie around the campfire. A couple of time in the past, Robbie has fixed his semi-famous Alabama stew one night for dinner at camp. I think he volunteered to do it again this time. We all pitch in on the cost of that meal. And, if you have a favorite camp treat you like to prepare, we'll gladly try it.

All sounds good to me. I'm going to try to have a crude sleeper platform by then so packing up and moving camps would be easy. Might be a PITA for those with tents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom