4th Annual Cruiser Party (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey gang, after talking with Ocho77, I'd like to throw this offer out to everyone attending the party on the 26th. I have a bunch of 2F engine parts as well as chassis and suspension parts off of my FJ60 that I would like to sell. I will make a separate thread to detail all the parts and components available, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have used stuff that is taking up too much room in my barn. Things like a complete 2F block (needs head gasket, probably needs an overhaul, but didn't get hot enough to melt the wax off of the freeze plugs), extra intake manifolds, carb (2), exhaust manifolds, 2F exhaust (2 complete, I think), factory suspension (2 sets), 2F wiring harnesses, oil cooler, valve pushrods, valve springs, etc. (off the top of my head). I have an extra FJ60 chassis that is pretty rotten, so I'll more than likely scrap that frame out unless someone really has interest in it. I also have 5 extra factory steel rims with tires on them available. The tires hold air but are not road worthy.

For those interested, keep an eye out for my separate thread with photos and descriptions of the stuff. I can bring what people want to the party on the 26th, or we can meet on a different day at my place near Big Rapids. I'll get some photos later today and try to post them up either tonight or tomorrow. If there's interest in any of these parts I'm more than reasonable with my pricing, otherwise I'll just be moving steel across the state all over again. I'd rather be rid of this stuff and have it put to good use.

That's all for now, I'll be making a thread soon. Thanks guys!

Also, Ocho77, those shirts are very cool. If it's not too late, I'd like to order a couple of them in large. I can PP you the money ahead of time too if you'd like.

Cheers,
Jake
Get that list posted

Hi! My name is Andrew and I live in Metro Detroit. Just got my 60 series last weekend. I'd love to get to know some Michigander Cruiser owners.

I'm a tentative Me + Pup (camping in the truck on the property on Friday and likely Saturday). Currently trying to solidify plans w/ family and friends visiting this summer.
So the plans are solidified and I will be out of town that weekend :(. I look forward to next year though and any trips that may happen in the meantime!

I’ve got got 9 coming from here with my 80, the 40, and the 55. Assuming they all run at one time lol. I don’t have enough family that knows how to drive a manual so Chunk stays home.
Not sure about the rest of my extended family but pretty sure my sister @prodedvm and their 40 are not coming. Boo

So the plans are solidified and I will be out of town that weekend :(. I look forward to next year though and any trips that may happen in the meantime!
Keep in touch. Another meet up can happen soon. I’m super bad about it but need to help get togethers happen

Alright,
The time is drawing nigh! Here is what I have counted thus far. Please, if your info is incorrect, let me know.
@cheezypoof - maybe Friday/Saturday - 4
@dogfishlake - Camping at Black Lake Fri/Sat - 9
@MichLC
@RoadRamblinFJ60 - Camping on our property Fri/Sat - 2
@Hornd - Camping at Whiskey Creek Fri/Sat - 3
@69LC - Saturday - 2
@TCEd - Saturday - 2
@eagleI18 - Saturday - 3
@Crush 4 - Saturday - 3
@westveld - Saturday - 2
@Gumby
@HiPlainsDrftr - Camping at Whiskey Creek Fri/Sat - 4
@Sandroad
@Mi60cruzr - Saturday - 4
@Sweet Water - Possibly Friday night - 1
@Danger Cruiser - 2
@Ocho77 - hosting - 4
@RocketCityCrzrs - Fri/Sat - 1 or 2

Looks like about 44 from my count, plus I imagine we may have a few additional show up on Saturday. We will plan accordingly. Feel free to show up on Friday late afternoon if you like (earlier is fine, just know I will probably not be entertaining you - not that I'm good at that anyway). I may be working on house siding or framing windows...so if you have construction skills, please let me know and show up by 8am on Friday :)

Address is 6709 E. Dennis Drive. Once you turn on to Dennis Keating (the dirt road) we are the first drive you will come to, about 1/4 mile down the road. If you get to where the road splits and you see the lake, you should flip a u-turn. Can't see the house from the road, but the house number (6709) is on the mailbox by the road. We are also currently having a select cut done on our property, so there may be giant logs lying down by the road.

Cell service in our area sucks, depending on the carrier (as in it may be non-existent). So don't count on using it much. Also, if you missed the shirt order, my wife spoke with the printing company and they can take orders whenever, but they won't be done in time for the party. Also, they will put the logo on any item in their store, if you wish. If you are interested, let me know and I will get you the info.

Questions, shoot me an email.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Last edited:
Alright,
The time is drawing nigh! Here is what I have counted thus far. Please, if your info is incorrect, let me know.
@cheezypoof - Saturday only - 2, +1 additional random guy
@MichLC - Camping on our property Fri/Sat - 1
@Hornd - Camping at Whiskey Creek Fri/Sat - 2
@69LC - Saturday - 3
@TCEd - Saturday - 2
@eagleI18 - Saturday - 1
@Crush 4 - Saturday - 3
@westveld - Saturday - 2
@Gumby - Saturday - 1
@Sandroad - Saturday - 1
@Ocho77 - hosting - 4

Looks like about 44 from my count, plus I imagine we may have a few additional show up on Saturday. We will plan accordingly. Feel free to show up on Friday late afternoon if you like (earlier is fine, just know I will probably not be entertaining you - not that I'm good at that anyway). I may be working on house siding or framing windows...so if you have construction skills, please let me know and show up by 8am on Friday :)

Address is 6709 E. Dennis Drive. Once you turn on to Dennis Keating (the dirt road) we are the first drive you will come to, about 1/4 mile down the road. If you get to where the road splits and you see the lake, you should flip a u-turn. Can't see the road from the house, but the house number (6709) is on the mailbox by the road. We are also currently having a select cut done on our property, so there may be giant logs lying down by the road.

Cell service in our area sucks, depending on the carrier (as in it may be non-existent). So don't count on using it much. Also, if you missed the shirt order, my wife spoke with the printing company and they can take orders whenever, but they won't be done in time for the party. Also, they will put the logo on any item in their store, if you wish. If you are interested, let me know and I will get you the info.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hey Jonathan - we'll be 4 total, me, my wife, and 2 friends who are on the verge of getting an LC (I expect next weekend will be the tipping point :) )

We're staying near Baldwin and hope to stop by your place Friday evening. If we don't see you Friday, when's a good time to show up Saturday?

Looking forward to it!
Dave

p.s. @69LC I'm bringing your H42 shifter this time, promise!

Hey Jonathan - we'll be 4 total, me, my wife, and 2 friends who are on the verge of getting an LC (I expect next weekend will be the tipping point :) )

We're staying near Baldwin and hope to stop by your place Friday evening. If we don't see you Friday, when's a good time to show up Saturday?

Looking forward to it!
Dave

p.s. @69LC I'm bringing your H42 shifter this time, promise!
Thanks for the update. Baldwin is about 20-25 minutes. Anytime before lunch on Saturday.

What’s the trail ride looking like?
@dogfishlake and I did an impromptu run a few weeks ago. Think it’s mapped out. I have been in Africa for a couple weeks, returning tomorrow evening. I’m going to try and run it again on Wednesday after the rain Mon/Tues.

I will also call a couple dinner options and see about reserving space. We’ve failed 2 out of 3 years at actually eating dinner out somewhere.

Missing you all. In spirit.

07E4A3AB-FC96-4B3E-AA6F-993AF03FC404.jpeg

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to make it this year.
Take your pick of the following:
1) LC is in need of some repairs and I’m currently living in my camper with tools in storage / no place to work on it properly until barn is done.
2) We’re going to finally test for K9 L3 Search and Rescue night 40 acres (requested 12/12/20 and just notified of testing date conflict).
3) Building house / barn (hence #1)
4) Son will be in town for a couple of days and I need to help him prep his rig for a multi-month trip around the US.

Will miss you all and hope to catch up before next years event... maybe a “barn-warming” this fall.

-MichLC

Have fun all. Still bummed I'm missing it. Radiator troubles possibly figured out but still can't stop well...

Have fun all. Still bummed I'm missing it. Radiator troubles possibly figured out but still can't stop well...
@Buttons that sucks about your radiator and brakes. Even if you can't bring your 40, feel free to come hang out! I guarantee there will be open seats available.

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to make it this year.
Take your pick of the following:
1) LC is in need of some repairs and I’m currently living in my camper with tools in storage / no place to work on it properly until barn is done.
2) We’re going to finally test for K9 L3 Search and Rescue night 40 acres (requested 12/12/20 and just notified of testing date conflict).
3) Building house / barn (hence #1)
4) Son will be in town for a couple of days and I need to help him prep his rig for a multi-month trip around the US.

Will miss you all and hope to catch up before next years event... maybe a “barn-warming” this fall.

-MichLC
Michael, that blows man. Sorry to hear about the date conflict, you will surely be missed. Good luck on the SAR test!! Hopefully we'll see you again before next years event!

Unfortunately I’m out too. I was looking forward to it but now can’t make it. Post some pics and videos!

Alright,
@cheezypoof - maybe Friday/Saturday - 4
@MichLC - Camping on our property Fri/Sat - 1
@Hornd - Camping at Whiskey Creek Fri/Sat - 2
@69LC - Saturday - 2
@TCEd - Saturday - 2
@eagleI18 - Saturday - 1
@Crush 4 - Saturday - 3
@westveld - Saturday - 2
@Gumby - Saturday - 1
@Sandroad - Saturday - 1
@Ocho77 - hosting - 4

Address is 6709 E. Dennis Drive. Once you turn on to Dennis Keating (the dirt road) we are the first drive you will come to, about 1/4 mile down the road. If you get to where the road splits and you see the lake, you should flip a u-turn. Can't see the house from the road, but the house number (6709) is on the mailbox by the road. We are also currently having a select cut done on our property, so there may be giant logs lying down by the road.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi, just got my first LC ('19) & a friend recommended this site. I'm in the Detroit Metro area, and would really be interested in coming out there Saturday. Family has a place in Lake County. Still working out some logistics, but is this too short a notice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom