Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone wants any of mine in high res, give me a shout and I can send you 6k x 4k versions. I'm not @kreiten with my glass, but pretty pleased with a few of my shots

@ethernectar here's the GoPro video from Mineral Creek. The fun starts around 24:30.

Video is basically unedited. I'll get an edited (and higher res... not sure why Youtube saved this at 360x240) video of the recovery up once I get through the ~800 photos I took from my trip. Raw video is about 15GB - let me know if you want it and I'll post it somewhere

For those like me with the attention span of a goldfish, here's a <7 min video of the incident and recovery.

Wow, fantastic pics and seeing all these 200s doing what they do best is awesome. I really need to plan to attend next year - especially if it’s Alaska. Thank you all for posting

That's a great shot! I can't believe how much different (and better) your truck looks since you've updated it from last year's LCDC. That bumper really changes the truck.

Thanks. I totally agree the bumper really changes the character of the truck. Now to start planning for the Slee rear...

Are you referring to a silver 200 Series in the clearing below you during the hail storm? While the nine other 200 Series were rescuing you? If so, that "peasant" was me. As you noted, there was plenty of help, the "recovery" didn't look like much from my perspective and certainly didn't warrant pictures or sun bathing. Maybe it was some else.

"Rogue" group eh? So that's what you call it.

Jim

Yeah, I'm referring to you. Which hail storm? There were three while we were up there. As incorrectly noted on your behalf, the recovery was much more than you realized or assumed (yay for assumptions). If you seriously didn't think three winch lines (simultaneously being used), two tree savers, three snatch blocks, four sets of MaxTrax, and almost 200' of winch line isn't a serious operation, then you need to have your head/sensibilities checked. Overall, I guess for someone who has such an extensive wheeling background, your actions seemed disingenuous and lacking real character. Had I been in your shoes, especially while an unofficially sanctioned LC200 event was happening, I would've at least had the decency/common sense (perhaps character is more fitting) to drive up and see if any help was needed. Again, no hard feelings, but more of a realization on my part how lucky I am to wheel with the friends I do. Selfless acts go a long way, esp in the back-country. Cheers.

I pieced together some drone and gimbal footage to make a short video of the trip. If you were in my group you may remember my having some flight problems due to the wind on the mountain passes so overall there wasn't a ton of footage to start with. That said, I had a good time watching it and hope you do, too. I hope none of you are personal friends with Joe Walsh.

This is a video... click it to watch.

Last edited:
So cool, too bad we were not in the same group. Thanks for sharing Cole

I pieced together some drone and gimbal footage to make a short video of the trip. If you were in my group you may remember my having some flight problems due to the wind on the mountain passes so overall there wasn't a ton of footage to start with. That said, I had a good time watching it and hope you do, too. I hope none of you are personal friends with Joe Walsh.

This is a video... click it so watch.

Some great footage and drone work, Cole!

Thanks for posting this!! Watched it several times. :

Telluride 2018 has been added to the Past Events section of the website along with a short writeup, a ton of photos, and a roster of folks who attended the event. Please let me know if you've been omitted by mistake. Also, I took the liberty of including some photos posted in this thread and gave credit in the caption. Just let me know if you'd prefer to not have your photos on the page.

2018 Telluride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom