4spd Transmission Gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the difference between 4speed gaskets for 9/73-4/76 vs 4/76-7/80? SOR lists two different gasket kits (062-60A and 062-60B) and I assume there's a difference but they appear to use the same picture for each. I'm working on a trans and have no idea what year it came from.
Thank you.

gaskets.png

Early kit would have a PTO cover gasket (shown in both photos). I can’t think of any other differences.

Sometimes SOR lists two different numbers for the same part just to comfort the customer that they’re getting the right part for their year.

Early kit would have a PTO cover gasket (shown in both photos). I can’t think of any other differences.

Sometimes SOR lists two different numbers for the same part just to comfort the customer that they’re getting the right part for their year.

Wasn't there another bolt added back the time of the change? @65swb45 would know.

Looked up and back retainer did change 4/76. Also shows the PTO cover going away on that date.

Last edited:
Wasn't there another bolt added back the time of the change? @65swb45 would know.

Looked up and back retainer did change 4/76. Also shows the PTO cover going away on that date.

Yes John, that’s the change. The 1” adapter plate had two bolts on the bottom until 4/76; 3 bolts after.

early four speeds had an access cover on the side of the housing too.

That was for a PTO. These transmissions were used in dump trucks (and probably other heavy trucks) that used PTOs directly off the transmission.

Thanks everyone., I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom