4Runner Seats into 90 PU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.floridarifleshooting
Hi all,

What a pia the seat install was. I have a 90 4x4 Ext PU, and I installed the driver's side seat from a 94 4Runner. The seat is comfy as all get out. However, the seat brackets lined up with 3 of the 4 holes. I was under the impression that these 4Runner seats were a direct bolt in.

Did I miss something, or have others only mounted 3 of the 4 holes.

Please advise.

Mark

PS The lumbar support is the bomb.

Nope, same thing in my 91 std cab with 94 4R seats. Only 3 of the 4 lined up. Easy enough fix though.

Jared,

I am one inch off of where the bracket is now sitting, verus where the mounting hole is located. What thread tap can I use to secure it, otherwise I will have to fab up a piece of flatstock and jb weld it to the mounting bracket and secure it by the normal bolt.

As far as drilling a new hole in the floor board, how do I get the bolt to be secured if I drill a new hole to secure it to the floor board.

If anyone is local to me in Pompano Beach, Ill gladly pay in beer.

Mark

Jerod,

I have the front seat secured in this fashion. If you are sitting in the seat, I have the left front secured, left rear and right rear mounts secured with bolts.

The right front mount bracket is one inch or so away from the stock mounting hole.

If I drill a hole into the floor the truck, I would need to secure a bolt with a nut to the mount so the seat will be held by 4 bolts.

I may have to fab a bracket from flat stock, drill two holes and mount a grade 8 bolt backwards where the head of the bolt is flush against the floor and secure it with a wing nut or some other nut, and install the other bolt through the second hole and voila, secured seat.

Im open for ideas.

Mark

If the rear bolts are mounted, the front is the easy one to change, because the front bolts go into the raised lip thing. You should be able to drill a new hole through the lip thing and get a washer and nut in behind it by cutting a little hole in the carpet if there isn't access already......

Jerod,

I sent it from my mother's cell phone to my email, and I am having trouble pasting it to here.

Drop me a line at bluito23@yahoo.com

Mark
bracket.jpg

Jerod,

I just measured the mounting brackets on the seat versus the mount holes on the truck.

The 4Runner Seat brackets measure 16.75 inches. The stock mounting holes are 15.5 inches. I measured the center of the hole where the bolt would be and measured accordingly. If I started from the start of the bracket to the end of the bracket, then I would get the same measurement.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Ah Ha! So I had to stretch the 90 4Runner seat mounts by 1/2 inch (not a big deal by redrilling), but you need to squeeze it by 1 1/4 inches.... I think you will have to pull the carpet around the front mounts and drill some holes and put a bolt in from the front and a nut on the back side where it's "open" (labeled in the picture).

In this picture you can see the stock nut (circled) that's welded to the back side of the mount, because he cut it open and folded it forward. You can see if using the left or right stock hole will put the seat centered enough for you, and just drill out one hole for a bolt and nut, but you may want to center the seat around the stock holes if it seat doesn't feel right.....
seat mount.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom