4Runner rs3000 removal help needed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I joined the forum to help diagnose locker issues with my 97 LX450 and was able to find the answers I needed thru searching, now I'm hoping someone can help me with my current problem. I've forum searched and googled with no avail, and the 4runner forum I joined requires 15 posts before I can start a thread. I'm in the process of removing the rs3000 alarm system from my 97 4runner because it had an aftermarket remote starter/alarm spliced in. I have one question about a wire that is pinned into the factory harness. Its a green/yellow wire in the pics, should I de-pin it from the plug, just cut it and put a crimp cap on it, or does it need to be pinned somewhere else? I've already disconnected all the other wires tapped into the 4runner harness and unplugged the sub/jumper harness portions of the rs3000 alarm harness. The 4runner is a 97 automatic 4cyl 4x4 if it matters.

Does the wire go anywhere or does it end right there?

Does the wire go anywhere or does it end right there?

It goes from the plug on the vehicle harness to the small plug on the alarm control unit. The small plug for the alarm control unit has one gray wire coming out as well, that I believe serves as the antenna.

Hm, very odd.

Maybe leave it unplugged and see what it affects if anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom