4runner Rear Window Switch Wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this rear window switch out of a '93 4runner. I want to use the momentary up/down as part of an internal winch control system.

Does anybody have access to a schematic or has anybody already decoded what the different wires control ?
4runner rear window.jpg

No but a voltmeter and a 12volt battery can tell you a whole lot. Its how I decoded all the switches I have used in my projects.

Try this write-up, it might give you some help.

2Gen 4Runner Rear Window Internal Switch

We're getting ready to wire one of those in to our 4Runner's tailgate to have an acxtive switch on the inside of the tailgate for the sleep-cabin use. If you can't figure it out, try like NLXTACy suggested, or when I get down to do mine, I'll post the wiring for you. *I might just look in the next day or two and edit the wiring in this post. :D

I have a volt=ohlm meter but really need a lot of hand holding to use it for each specific use. ( don't understand the concepts behind electrical circuit well enough)

I figure I can make a little circuit tester with a few drops of solder a couple of wires and a spare light bulb. If I can just find which wire is the ground. Does that sound right ?

OK, FWIW, the middle wire's the illumination light bulb ground.

*Get me some better shots of your connector so I can match the layout to my FSM schematic!*

Basically one side of the connector will have the two recessed slides, please verify this for me.

You've got the right idea. Seriously thats all I did to figure out all of my switches. Or course the goal is not to try anf figure out what ALL the wires do. You just need to figure out which wires to what you want. And in the switch some wires will act as double duty.

Right on NorCalBorn

Inside the plug, the connectors are arrayed something like the number 7 playing card. On either side there is a stack of bayonet connectors. The top two on each side are "female" and the other 4 are male.

Between these rows of connectors, in the center is a single larger male bayonet connector, (and perhaps a large female slot above it as well)

P.S is this a family friendly forum ? (sorry for the imagery)

Will this work?
93 4r RW Sw.jpg

I think image does help. Especially if wht really means yellowish. I still need to verify with a tester and find a ground.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom