4runner Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I'm sure this is already out there somewhere...but...can someone help me with the following questions...

1. What LC springs do I need to lift my 97 4runner?

2. What other modifications are nessecary to make this work?

3. Where is the best place to purchase these LC coils?

4. What is a good price for the coils?

Thank you for any advice!!!

Keith

Front coils from a 91-97 FZJ80 lift the rear. Should cost between $50-$75 for a set.

You will need shocks, and a set of front coils and new shocks. You may need brake line ext. and swaybar ext. depending on where you end up after the lift. Sonoran Steel has some nice stuff to get you where you want. You can source the LC Coils and then order items as you need them or just get a complete kit.

Jeremy

so the same coils will go on the front and back? I have looked at the sonaran steel stuff....but its way out of my price range. does anyone know if anyone in western NC that has done this with a 4runner?

Search over on yotatech. there is a complete listing of which coils for what along with the color coding of the different springs.

T4R.org has alot of info also on lift kits for the different 4runners generations.
Here is one thread that i found :
3rd Gen 4Runner Lift Information and FAQ's - Toyota 4Runner Forum

If you need some help installing the lift let me know. I have put a few kits on different 4runners and have a press at the house that we can use to assemble the front struts.

Dave

What's your budget? Going lc coils in the rear can put you into the danger zone in the front with the cb joints. Front lift is where the $ hits you but it's not too bad. Best bet is to go with an one kit and if you need taller go small bl.

Woops OME thats what I get for trying to post with my phone and autocorrect txting. :)

My wife had a 3rd gen that we sold Jan '10 it was a great ride, my wife misses it as it drove smoother than the 80. But space what no contest with all the kids.

after researching the OME Kits and the Sonaran Steel Kits, I've come to the conclusion that my teacher salary still says no to a lift........:crybaby:

Keep your eyes on yotatech and ttora for used kits you can find something if your patient. You can always just run a spacer lift. A small body lift isn't too bad if you just need a little more room. I never saw what your purpose for the fit was that can also make a difference.

You should be able to run 32s with no lift and just a little rub.

I ran 32s with no lift and was fine for a bit. I first put on sliders, then armor, winch and sonar on lift kit.. It was not cheap but fit well
I want to build oit heim joints out back to give it some flexibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom