4runner gears in a cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Ok my question is. My rear in my 89 cruiser looks just like the rear in my buddys 4runner. From what im understanding is the carriers are the same? <am i corect>

1> if so would i be able to take the center section out of the 4runner rear that came with a auto and has the 4.30 gearing in it and stick it in my cruiser?

2> If so would the yolks have to be changed?

3>Do the Driveshafts use a difrent ujoint? Are axel diamiters the same?

4> Can i pull the center section out of a rear 4runner and stick it in the front my cruiser?

One of the books i have says you can take the front center section and stick it in the rear of a regular toy but it dont mention the landcruisers at all.

Im trying to get some better gearing without breaking the bank here. :whoops:

thanks any respoonses very wellcome .

Nope. Different sized rin gears..

Besides, your 89 has 4.11 gears already. a 4.30 won't do jack....

Cruisers have c clips and an inspection cover. 4Runners don't. The axles are retained by the wheel bearing behind the brake drum. I've never heard of 4.3 gears in a Cruiser so I doubt the gears even be bolted to a Cruiser carrier - but most of my experience is in Cruisers, not minitruck/4Runners.

I might be interested in those 4.11's that you have if you decide to upgrade...

if its not as simple as unbolt and bolt it in i probly keep the gears i got for now and just get me a locker.

i thought maybe i could get slightly better gearing and a tiny bit lower crawl by useing the regular toy center sections no biggie.

Not bolt/unbolt at all.

Although, If you want to send me the diffs I'll rebuild them and put the new gears in them in exchange for the 4.11's ;)

Honestly, the difference between a 4.30 and a 4.11 will do nothing for you. Even a 4.56 does not change much. Espically when crawling with an auto..

What size tires are you running and what kind of wheelin are you doing?

right now i got some 32s on it. Havent got to lift it yet. Gonna throw my 33 12/50 TRXSS swampers on it.
discoverd pair of brand new air shocks in ym garage that came off my pops old dodge . Ima see if they will bolt on it for carrying loads and such for now.

I mostly do rock cralwing but as i discoverd the other day at paragon stock cruisers shouldnt be on rocks
lmfao

so now im contimplateing getting a set of 2 and a half inch lift or 4 inch lift springs to be able to clear my 33 12/50s.

But mainly on my cruiser its gonna be for trips to the mountains rideing on loggin roads gas roads doin some hillclimbs beach running and a sorta daily driver. when im not working. if i need gas millage i will drive my 01 implala 30 mpg on highway .

do you no anybody who needs a set of 4.55 gears and lockers for dana 44s? i got a front one out a 75 cj5 and may be able to get the new gears and locker back from the shop i just said screww it and left everything at when he said my houseing was screwed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom