4Runner -> FJ60 Wheel Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'm getting an '84 FJ60 next week some time from sgscholla. There's a 4runner in a junkyard near me, and I can get the wheels/tires off of it for free or almost free. I think the 4Runner is about a '01. Will this be an okay direct swap? They're 31x10.5's. Thanks. -Ted

I would check the backspacing. You'll probably need wheel spacers. My old 4Runner wheels rubbed on my calipers.

What year was the 4Runner? Was it the '87? Considering the one I'm thinking of is 13 years newer, I guess there is no way to know until I try it. Thanks. -Ted

All 6 lugs will bolt up. The backspacing is the only issue. I agree with the above post. You will probably need spacers. I put Sequoia wheels on my 60. The tires rubbed on the spring pack. Two inch spacers were just what the doctor ordered! There is some discussion on here about the safety of them though so you may want to search for "wheel spacer" threads. Make sure you post your final outcome for others who may have the same issue in the future.

What year was the 4Runner? Was it the '87? Considering the one I'm thinking of is 13 years newer, I guess there is no way to know until I try it. Thanks. -Ted

Yeah, the 87. Same thing for some '95 4Runner wheels I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom