4Plus Bumper installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed a 4Plus rear bumper tonight on my 1979 FJ40.

I’m very impressed with the kit.

Thought about fabbing my own, as I have the welders, plasma cutter, etc, but after looking at the kit and the cost, decided it was worth it.

I’m not in the least disappointed with the product. The fit and finish is excellent.

Very tight and easy to adjust where there will be no rattling at all.

84DD0331-0FC4-44CF-B34B-C69FA9187224.jpeg
A45D31BD-3306-4A25-9ED3-3660546EF213.jpeg
62D689B3-A6C6-4FD2-AF22-49D09278137A.jpeg
193208A5-31FA-45BF-B582-E702E042EBDB.jpeg
84DD0331-0FC4-44CF-B34B-C69FA9187224.jpeg

Yup, I got one last spring and was beyond impressed. Still am.

Word to the wise...if you're torn between a single and a double, go double. I wish I had as there's not a lot of difference in usability.

Thanks for posting @NCFarmboy !
I am in the middle of replacing my rear crossmember and boxing the rear framerails so I can mount one of these that's been sitting in my garage too long and this is some good inspiration.

That looks awesome, makes waiting tough, but @lcwizard has me on the list!

Love your shop; I tinker with mostly 2 bangers in mine... but I had a 460LP for a while that I got from a neighbor. I farmed his place after he quit, but for years he kept the headlands clean with that 460.

Installed a 4Plus rear bumper tonight on my 1979 FJ40.

I’m very impressed with the kit.

Thought about fabbing my own, as I have the welders, plasma cutter, etc, but after looking at the kit and the cost, decided it was worth it.

I’m not in the least disappointed with the product. The fit and finish is excellent.

Very tight and easy to adjust where there will be no rattling at all.

View attachment 2932069View attachment 2932068View attachment 2932067View attachment 2932070View attachment 2932069
@NCFarmboy looks amazing! Question or two for you.....1) how long did you wait to order/receive? Was nnot sure if there are delays on these now...maybe not? and 2) if you don't mind, what did this set up set you back? Always thought the price on this bumper w/basket was nowhere near $2k+ but maybe materials are out the roof now?

Thanks again for your help :)

Cooler basket removable?
Yes, it is removable from the swing arm, but the mounting bracket is welded to the arm. So if you wanted to swap the basket for something else like a storage box, it is doable.

That looks awesome, makes waiting tough, but @lcwizard has me on the list!

Love your shop; I tinker with mostly 2 bangers in mine... but I had a 460LP for a while that I got from a neighbor. I farmed his place after he quit, but for years he kept the headlands clean with that 460.
I love the 460’s!! I have a mix of John Deere, the 560 Farmall, and a Massey Ferguson 255

@NCFarmboy looks amazing! Question or two for you.....1) how long did you wait to order/receive? Was nnot sure if there are delays on these now...maybe not? and 2) if you don't mind, what did this set up set you back? Always thought the price on this bumper w/basket was nowhere near $2k+ but maybe materials are out the roof now?

Thanks again for your help :)
Ordered around Mid January, received After 3 1/2 weeks.

I ordered mine in Dec and got it in 3 weeks to the east coast and that included a shipping delay due to snow storms and the christmas holidays that stopped shipping for 7 days. As others have said the communication and quality is top notch.

2022-02-06 16.38.06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom